Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy St. Pat's Day

So I made these chocolate mint sandwich cookies for Treat Day at work today. I was quite proud of them; they turned out well despite the fact that my cheap electric hand mixer took a crap and started SMOKING halfway through! I had to have D lend some muscle and mix the rest by hand :). I love to bake way too much. I wish I didn't also like to eat baked goods so much. I have zero willpower, especially these days!



I am still working out a lot, but I'm starting to feel like I'm hauling around a wide load. The best workout I've found is Summer Sanders' prenatal workout. I am addicted! The nice weather lately is also allowing me to do a lot of walking outside in addition to our daily dog walks. I hope I continue to have energy throughout my 3T so I can keep working out. I feel completely out of sorts if I can't do it! Unfortunately my feet are becoming an obstacle, as they started swelling BIG TIME last week sometime. Finding decent shoes to wear to work is becoming a challenge. This afternoon I was walking around my office barefoot, as I couldn't take it anymore. That isn't a good sign for what the next 11 weeks are going to be like!


I had to share this picture of my original baby, Jack. He is mainly nuts, as he has OCD (for real), so we love when he is actually cuddly and laid back :)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those sandwich cookies look adorable! I'm glad D was able to give you a hand and help you finish them. And Jack is so adorable! He looks like a happy puppy.

AL said...

Um, yum! Those look amazing!

Sorry for the feet swelling, that does not sound fun. Hope you can keep working out to keep your sanity!

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look yummy!!! That sucks about your feet, but at least it's getting warmer so you can wear flip flops outside of work. And cute puppy =)

quadmom said...

Love the nursery pic from your last entry! And those cookies look so delicious! I can't believe you're nearly 30 weeks now! Wow!! =)

Ella said...

Mm, those cookies look scrumptious! Cute dog! Does he really have OCD??

erika said...

Yumm))) for the cookies. Lucky colleagues you have!:)
Sorry about the kitchen drama. I hope now you can replace it with a cool new mixer;)

Ugghhh))) for the swelling. Hope Spring will help it and you wil find some cute and comfy sandals;)