You guys, I'm an aunt now! My sister had her baby over the weekend. She was induced on Friday morning, a week overdue. The induction didn't do a whole lot quickly, and she just inched along and was in labor TWO days! She didn't deliver until last night at 10:00. It was a long couple days waiting for updates. Fiona is finally here though, and she weighs 7.1. Awesome that Liam will have a cousin so close in age, but they are 4 hours apart. :-(
Liam has had a cold for awhile now, and although it has improved, he is still stuffed up and coughing. I plan to call his doctor tomorrow to discuss. Last week she said to let her know if he still had symptoms tomorrow. We have also started him on Neocate formula, at the direction of his GI Pedi. It's pretty much the end of the line in the reflux game. I am not entirely convinced that reflux is even the entire issue at this point. Reflux/colic issues generally start to improve at this age evidently, but his fussiness is really just getting worse. His doctor is somewhat stumped. She said it's probably time to start running some tests to rule things out (not sure what, exactly). So on Tuesday he's having an u/s of his head and kidneys. She said she does not expect to find anything..... I really have no idea on the kidney thing. Apparently this is a common "starting point" with infant testing.
So I hope we can figure out to make our little man a little happier and sleeping better again so we can get some sleep and see some smiles! :)
5 comments:
Hi! Congratulations on becoming an aunt. It is very fun! I haven't read your blog too terribly long, but I was wondering, have they tried Liam on a soy based formula? My son (who turns 7 in a few minutes!) was treated for reflux for the first year of his life, but still had a lot of projectile vomiting (2-3 times a day at least). When he turned 1 and we tried to switch him to milk, the problem continued. They determined that he had a dairy allergy. We switched him at that point (attempted soy... no dice he wouldn't take it) to rice milk. Good luck!
Congrats on becoming an aunt!! Welcome to the world sweet baby Fiona!! So sorry Liam isn't feeling any better. :( Hope the testing process goes quickly and an easily correctable problem is found and corrected.
congrats, auntie!!
Hope your little feels better soon!
Congrats! How fun for Liam to have a playmate!
Hope the little guy starts feeling better soon.
Congrats on your new little family member! Yay!!!
Post a Comment