Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Identity Crisis, Stalker

You guys, I am having a bit of a wardrobe identity crisis.  I think there are 3 main factors coming into play here:  1.  I do not yet fit into my old jeans/pants. I am at least 1 size above, but nontheless, not there yet.  2. It is oddly warm here this October---like 80.  That is NOT normal.  Obviously my summer clothes that fit are all causual, as I was at home on maternity leave.  3. My fall/winter clothes I wore last year when I was pregnant tended to be things such as my regular cardigans, worn with obviously larger and/or stretchy tanks/tops.  Well, now those same cardigans hanging in my closet seem like maternity clothes to me.  Like I'm tired of them.  I wore them THEN. Even though I KNOW they're not maternity clothes, it almost feels like I would be wearing my maternity clothes again. 

So this little "crisis" (ha) had lead me on quite the shopping bender.  I feel like I need a whole new wardrobe!
Obviously my perception of reality is a bit warped. Plus, I just like to shop.  Let's call this what it is.

So yesterday, I was at Ba.ana Republic. I saw a cute gray cardigan (the "open front" kind, my favorite), on the clearance rack.  The clearance was an extra 40% off.  That is MY kind of Banana pricing.  But I don't really NEED another gray cardigan, and that wasn't what I was looking for yesterday.  But. But I kept thinking about it last night!  You guys, this is seriously an illness.  So I decided I couldn't pass up an awesome sweater for that kind of deal. So I went back today on my lunch hour.  A girl was walking around with it in her hands!!!  Nooooooooooooo! She took it and other things into the dressing room.  I waited.  And I waited. (Stalker!) I bought a tank top.  I left to run to another store. Then I WENT BACK. She was out wandering around, carrying some clothes. I couldn't tell if she had it!  I went into the dressing room and asked the attendant if I could check the rack, and I told her why!  O.M.G.  What the F is wrong with me?  It wasn't there.   *SIGH*.    At least I tried.   It wasn't meant to be.

6 comments:

Mon said...

LOL !!!

Marla said...

Lol!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Check online?! And I say go for a shopping spree!

Anonymous said...

Would it make you feel better if I told you that I do the same thing. Er, well, I don't make it a regular habit but I have absolutely done the same thing. I've not bought something and then obessesed and gone back the next day. And I've also stalked someone that has my size (when it's the only one on the floor) and waited for them to put it back.

Kari said...

Dang soooo close. That stinks. I usually just buy stuff and then talk myself out of it later as opposed to leaving it and going back for it. Sorry you missed it. I hear ya on not wanting to wear the things you wore while pregnant, even if they aren't maternity clothes.

Alison said...

Isn't this weather crazy?! Sorry about the sweater :( so sad!