You guys, I have nothing to write about! L will be 8 months in a few days, I will post his 8 month pic, but really, nothing interesting going on around here. He has 2 teeth and is working on 2 new ones on top. He babbles and babbles, loves his Jumperoo, loves to sit and stand, (but not so much tummy time) and he sleeps through the night for the most part. Although sometimes this involves a pacifier intervention at 5:00AM to get him to go back to sleep, as no one around here is ready to be up at that hour! D and I take turns every other night getting up with him, and D feeds him in the mornings while I get ready. Man, do I wish I was one of those "wash and go" kind of girls, but alas, I am not. I am a slave to my curling iron and my make up. So be it! I don't need to scare anyone with my make-up free face. I have too much stupid sun damage and under eye circles to contend with. Why didn't someone force me to stop baking in the sun like a lizard when I was in HS and college?!!
I have been swamped at work lately, with a 7:15AM meeting coming on Monday morning and a 5:30PM meeting at one of our clinics an hour away next week. Fantastic. It is frigidly cold here, and it's come to the annual "this f'ing sucks, when is Spring, again?" time of year. Grumble, grumble, why do we live here? Etc.
In other news, I can now wear my old jeans, although they are pretty much skin tight on my thighs. Evidently this is where I hold on to my weight. I'm not quite brave enough to wear them to work, but oh, Hudsons, how I miss you so. I have been continuing to work out whenever possible and watch what I eat. (Read, am totally obsessed because that's how I roll). I think I am down to about 122 lbs, but I prefer to stay far away from my scale, b/c it just makes me crazy!
BTW, the Tracy Anderson Mat Workout has an awesome ab workout component, and it is SHORT and oh, so effective, if I do say so myself.
And besides all that drivel, GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Good work with the jeans. I am heading in the opposite direction! :)
I'm so envious to your dedication to your curling iron, make-up and working out. I can't find any time to do any of that. 5am is our normal get-up time here because of commutes, etc. and I can't muster the energy to get up at 4am to work out. By the time I get home I'm exhausted from being up at 5am.
I have officially given up on my Citizens and Joe's jeans and have made peace with the Gap jeans I bought PostPartum. Makeup consists of concealer, powder and mascara with chapstick. On a *good* day I can find the extra 2 seconds to do eyeshadow.
This is my long way of saying that I envy you :)
Post a Comment