Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bye Bye Bye



So Liam has learned to wave "bye"!  D created the video, which I thought was cute.  Maybe one of those things only the grandmas and we will find amusing, but I love when he learns something new!

Maybe I am alone on this, but it's so hard to not notice when other kids learn their milestones; sitting, crawling, etc.  L can sit forever, and he loves to stand and jump (assisted of course). He really has no interest to be on his stomach, so he isn't terribly near crawling.  He also does not roll, although he did it a few times at about 3 months.  I know full well that every child develops differently, and none of these things "mean" anything (so says our Pedi), but it's hard to not want your child to be gifted, you know? I want my boy to be the most bad ass crawler at school!   Why?   Who knows... just seems like the cool thing to be doing!  All the "cool kids" are crawling!  LOL.   They also happen to be a little older.  And bigger.  But who's counting?   I guess I am!

6 comments:

quadmom said...

Love this video, especially the instant replay! So hilarious and Liam is so stinking cute. Don't worry about the milestones. I know it's so hard not to, but really -- don't. It's easier for me because mine are preemies, so my "scale" is not really fixed and it lets me forget what they "should" be doing. But Sophie is SO far behind my boys -- I have a video of all the kid on their bellies, heads held high, arms extended and as you pan over to Sophie she struggles to even stay in that position. Poor kid! But I know she will get there. I don't know many adults who can't stay on their stomach or crawl, you know?

More words of comfort: my MIL just told me that my DH didn't crawl til he was 13.5 months old. Can you believe it?? She thought something was wrong with him. Well, he's a successful dentist who went to Ivy League school -- so maybe crawling late is a good thing? =) Liam will do it in his own time and don't forget he could be waiting because he is smarter and more observant and won't do it til he gets it 100% right.

Hope these stories make you feel better!!

manymanymoons said...

That is so freaking cute. Don't stress about the milestones. Looks like he's doing great to me.

Anonymous said...

He is freaking adorable! He's going to break hearts one day!

Don't stress about the milestones. I think my brother was a little behind, and that kid is a straight-A student studying computer engineering at Georgia Tech. So all of that stuff is just crap anyway! Liam is and will be just fine. :)

erika said...

One of my nieces was never interested in the crawling business, either. Now, she is all grown up and she has amazing athletic skills.
Couple months and you will run out of breath keep having to run after him. Maybe, he is just giving you a 'break' for now;) your cool kid is growing fast!!!

Love the little video:) he is soooooo cute, as always!

Anonymous said...

LOL very cute and love the song you attached to it. I am sure he will catch up on his milestones soon. Sometimes it just takes a tiny bit longer for other kids. I doubt it means anything.

Alison said...

Such a cute video! I'm sure milestones are stressful as they are joyful, but keep in mind that every kid is unique and develops at his/her own pace!