Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful

Saturday night D and I went to an Avett Brothers concert in Milwaukee (about an hour away).  Awesome show, for any of you who like singer-songwriter, alt-country, alternative type music.  We stayed downtown at a fancy hotel.  It was glorious.  We drank too much and ate too much.   My MIL and D's 14 year old niece came to our house and stayed with L and the dogs.    I have written here over the years about my varying degrees of annoyances with my MIL.   But today? I am thankful.   I am thankful she loves her grandson and would stay at our house and do that.  She even CLEANED.   Then she sent me an email saying she hoped I wasn't offended or upset that she "picked some things up" and ran the dishwasher.  Um, she even washed the sheets she slept on in the guest room, as well as the towels I set out.   Offended?    Umm.......no.   You can clean at my house, anytime!   Really.   Not offended.  

Thank you.

And on Thursday, I'm hosting my first Thanksgiving!   It's for D's family, not a huge deal, but I'm still nervous about the turkey!  Everyone is giving me different advice about thawing/cooking, etc.  I just don't want it to be nasty.   And if it is?  Arby's for everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, it's very exciting to host Thanksgiving! Nerve-wracking, too, but go you! I'm sure it will be fab! :)

Kari said...

Yay for a weekend away and a fabulous babysitter who even cleans!! Good luck with Thanksgiving!!