Well, I've never been a mom to a toddler before, obviously, and it certainly does have its challenges! We are learning as we go.
I visited NYC (had only been there for 1 day in Junior high previously), so first time walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, seeing Central Park.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I generally don't make any real resolutions on New Year's. I'm not really sure why. I guess it's not my thing. I was working hard last year at this time to lose the remainder of the baby weight. (I did!)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Three of my neighbors actually all gave birth in October. And while I'm not extremely close with each of them, they are all around my age and I'm certainly acquainted with them.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My husband's grandma, his last living grandparent.
5. What countries did you visit?
None
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My husband's grandma, his last living grandparent.
5. What countries did you visit?
None
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More confidence with parenting, more "easy", fun times with L rather than frustrating tantrum-riddled moments of frustration. A baby. Maybe.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 26th was L's first birthday, also the day he took his first solo steps, although it was at daycare! I can't think of any other dates that really stand out.
May 26th was L's first birthday, also the day he took his first solo steps, although it was at daycare! I can't think of any other dates that really stand out.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing the rest of the aforementioned baby weight (I gained 50 lbs with my pregnancy!). Working almost full time while raising a temperamental toddler.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Um, probably spending too much money on clothes. It's a constant struggle for me!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, besides the constant daycare crud of last winter, once we all got past that, it was pretty smooth sailing!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Concert tickets to the Avett Brothers and fancy hotel room for D and me in Milwaukee. Money spent on cleaning woman.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Um, probably spending too much money on clothes. It's a constant struggle for me!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, besides the constant daycare crud of last winter, once we all got past that, it was pretty smooth sailing!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Concert tickets to the Avett Brothers and fancy hotel room for D and me in Milwaukee. Money spent on cleaning woman.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Several of my sanity saving co-workers probably.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Hmmmm, probably with all the political drama in WI this last year, I would have to say our Govenor!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Daycare, bills, trip to NYC.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Trip to NY, a beautiful hot summer, L learning to walk and talk.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Hmmm,,, not sure about one particular song, but probably anything by Mumford and Sons and Adele.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) happier or sadder?
(b) thinner or fatter?
(c) richer or poorer?
(a) I would say about the same.
(b) Thinner (!!)
(c) D got a new job with a huge raise, so richer!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Maybe just really live in the moment. Hard to do with a child who is being less than charming at times. Saved money.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Shopped. Gotten stressed out
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas day with the ILs, as usual.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I think I fell into lust with Ryan Gosling.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I think it would have to be Parenthood. I really just love everything about that show. I have also gotten hooked on Revenge just recently and watched all episodes from the beginning online.
I think it would have to be Parenthood. I really just love everything about that show. I have also gotten hooked on Revenge just recently and watched all episodes from the beginning online.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No one.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hmmmm, maybe the Head and the Heart.
26. What did you want and get?
To fit back into my old jeans!
Still having Tuesdays off of work.
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Crazy Stupid Love. I hardly saw any movies this year besides that though, but I did recently see the Descendants and Young Adult in the theater. I enjoyed both of them, but perhaps not quite as much as I was hoping to. I also recently saw (on DVD), Bridesmaids, Horrible Bosses, and Friends with Benefits. Liked them all, but didn't LOVE any of them.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Just had my birthday on 12/29; I turned 34. Yikes! Went out dinner with D to my favorite restaurant.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
That is a very good question.
To fit back into my old jeans!
Still having Tuesdays off of work.
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Crazy Stupid Love. I hardly saw any movies this year besides that though, but I did recently see the Descendants and Young Adult in the theater. I enjoyed both of them, but perhaps not quite as much as I was hoping to. I also recently saw (on DVD), Bridesmaids, Horrible Bosses, and Friends with Benefits. Liked them all, but didn't LOVE any of them.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Just had my birthday on 12/29; I turned 34. Yikes! Went out dinner with D to my favorite restaurant.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
That is a very good question.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I guess it's Bargain Chic! I am the biggest bargain hunter ever, even when our income level starts to rise and it becomes less of a necessity. I get tons of compliments on things I find at Target, Old Navy and from resale stores.
32. What kept you sane?
Reading blogs, working out. wine. Having Tuesdays to myself.
Reading blogs, working out. wine. Having Tuesdays to myself.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Major crush on Ryan Gosling. AS I MENTIONED! Also, I never saw the appeal of JT. After Friends with Benefits, I get it. Yeah.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
A lot of people.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I am not sure I met anyone new who was memorable.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Pick your battles.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
That's tough. I could have written Someone Like You at a different point in my life. I lived that song. But that was many years ago.
That's tough. I could have written Someone Like You at a different point in my life. I lived that song. But that was many years ago.