Monday, August 13, 2012

28 Weeks

And a new hair color! 

I don't think I am yet bigger now than I was by the very end last time (and based on weight alone I'm not), but holy balls am I way more uncomfortable.  I groan and struggle getting up and down from the floor, and rolling over in bed is a  Gabby Douglas gymnastics move.  Besides flip flops, I have one pair of formally too-loose running shoes I can stuff my feet into these days.  I have a sweet $12 "wedding ring" that I have been sporting, as my real ones just laugh when they see my fingers anywhere near them. As of my appt last week, I am up about 38 lbs.  Oy. That's pretty much all I've got.  Some days I feel remarkably better than others, and I have no idea what causes that. I'm guessing just the way the babies are positioned?  Amount of sleep?  Who knows.  But if I could bottle it up and replicate it every day, I surely would.  

Our maintenance man at work came into my office today, and he said "Man, you look WIPED".   Thanks, dude.  I'm feeling wiped too. Thanks for noticing :-)  He's a nice guy though.  I'll cut him some slack.  He proceeded to comment on my picture of Liam, and then we had a 15 minute conversation about L's tantrums and possible remedies.  THAT I will take from a father of 2 teenagers!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

You look fantastic... I hear you about getting up and down off the floor and rolling over in bed. It's SOOO hard to do, and it hurts SO MUCH.

quadmom said...

You look great! I found that I'd feel awful for a couple days each time my uterus was stretching to accommodate the babies more, then I'd feel great for a while, so maybe that's what you're experiencing?

Sarah said...

Hi there! New follower here! Been watching your blog for a bit now as I really enjoy reading about families with a toddler boy older than mine. Feel free to stop by my blog and leave advice/tips/suggestions for being a mommy of a little boy! PS - pregnancy suits you well!

AL said...

you look great!