Thursday, August 2, 2012

I'm 80. Updated with Picture

So let's see.  I go to OT for my crippled hands and PT for my back, take iron supplements and stool softeners, tire easily, pee a lot, can't remember anything, get winded, and go to bed early.   I'm officially 80 years old. 

Seriously you guys.   I am done.  I am not quite 27 weeks, and it's starting to take a toll.   I'm getting huge. 

So yeah, the PT is a recent addition. Something in my back is jacked up, as I mentioned, and I was sent to a PT.  Luckily he's pretty darn cute :-)  I will take what I can get. He said one of my RIBS is out of place. Seriously??!!   My back is twisting to one side a bit to make up for the fact that the other side is apparently locked up. It's causing one of my ribs to be slightly out of alignment, hence the ridiculous pain that I can't quite stretch or get to.   He does some move that is close to a chiropractic adjustment, but in reality it's more like he's giving me a really tight hug and I'm providing resistance to it in each direction.   Again, more enjoyable since he's cute!   He said he sees this during pregnancy a fair amount, but it also occurs in regular folk too I guess.

I feel like I spend so much time in the bathroom at work, I might as well just camp out in there with my laptop.  Gross.
I have another u/s on Tuesday. Hopefully the fluid levels are still A-ok and my cervix is still hanging in there!

And here is the belly, in my work bathroom/2nd home!



3 comments:

Lauren said...

I understand. I am done too. And I have been for a long time. I hate to complain to someone who has TWO babies inside her, but my body just can't handle pregnancy. Ever since my first pregnancy that has been one of the main reasons the idea of multiples scared me so much. I honestly think my skeleton might just fall apart if I had more than one baby inside of me.

On a bright note, you look incredible for pregnant woman, much less being 27 weeks pregnant with twins!

Kari said...

Sorry to hear the physical stuff just gets worse and worse for you. Hope your u/s on Tuesday goes well and everything is looking A-okay. And what a cute bump you're sporting!!

S said...

Having birthed twins myself earlier this year, I can completely relate.

Suffering and discomforts aside, I hope your pregnancy is going smoothly. Here's hoping you get good news at your u/s Tuesday. (And woohoo for the cute PT!)