Monday, August 20, 2012

Camping

And by camping, I by no means mean CAMPING.   I don't do camping under the best of circumstances, being 7 months pregnant with twins certainly doesn't qualify.   What I mean is the state of my home these days.  I think I mentioned previously that we are building an addition to accommodate the litter we will soon have.  The construction is finally under way, and it is in full swing.  We have been booted from our master bedroom into the much smaller guest bedroom.  I have 2 bins of maternity-ish clothes, plus a few hanging items, but other than that, my entire wardrobe is either in the garage or the basement.  (Not that much of it fits anyway).   They had to take our DirecTV dish down while they shingle the roof on the addition, so we have no cable (I know, first world problems, etc). They have to remove the 3-pane window in our living room, and the new one hasn't arrived yet.  The space is currently boarded completely up, which is as attractive as you might imagine.  We have no electricity to the main light switch in our master bath, so we have a lamp in there.  The fan also doesn't work currently, so it's humid in there as well as dim.  So we are going back and forth between that bathroom and our "guest" bathroom, which is also Liam's bathroom. This morning I took a shower with a tub full of foam letters and a whole shit ton of matchbox cars.

The dogs are going apeshit b/c of all the random people coming and going, not to mention the pounding, drilling, etc.   It's quite the fun place to be right now.  Not exactly a stress-free zone for this pregnant chick.  Calgon, take me away!

3 comments:

S said...

Ugh.

(I really can't think of anything else to say. I'm sorry; that must suck.)

Kari said...

Man that sucks. My DH wants to do a partial kitchen/dining room remodel and deck rebuild in October and I keep trying to remind him we have a baby on the way and the last thing I want to deal with is construction. Sorry you have to deal with that to make room for the new babes. Hope its complete soon!!

Lauren said...

I hate when things are in upheaval, so I feel bad for you. But building an addition sounds like a fun adventure! (???) :)