There were 2 (nerdy) male clerks behind the counter, and the one ringing me up gestured to my belly and said "Any day now, huh?" I said "Yep!" (whatever, dude). Then the other said "How exciting! Is it your first?" I said "Nope, 2nd and 3rd actually". *blink blink*. "So wait.....TWINS?" "Uh-huh". Then one of them said "Is that NORMAL?" "I mean.....do twins run in your family?" Bahahaha. I said "Yep!" and out the door I went.
Is that normal????? Ha. That is a new one! It surely doesn't feel "normal". Last night I was very uncomfortable and having some minor contractions I believe. Today is better, so they must be positioned differently. Or maybe it's voodoo. Hell if I know.
Some days I feel like I should best get a hospital bag packed and start wrapping things up at work, and other days I feel like I have plenty of time. I know the average for twins is 35 weeks. I guess only time will tell if that applies to me.
Just about 30 weeks.
Not sure why my face appears orange. Someone did tell me I was glowing today though. Perhaps she and I have different definitions of glowing :)

4 comments:
Hahaha... who says that???
Oh just wait...I get the "do twins run in your family?" question at LEAST once a day. Thankfully B's grandpa is a twin so I can say yes and not feel guilty about it :)
My favorite when I was pregnant and said it was twins was the question "Oh wow, was that planned?" Ummmmmmmm.....people say dumb stuff around twins.
You look great! You're in the home stretch!
HAHAHA! "Is that normal"! That is hilarious. I had someone ask the usual "did you get twins naturally" question and for the first time I just flat out lied. "Yep, it was a shocker." Some days you just aren't in the mood to deal with the noseys.
30 weeks! Yay!
I'm a bad person because anytime I see twins the first thing that pops in my head is I wonder if they used ART. I would never ask someone that though. Probably doesn't make it any better that I think it. Hooray for 30 weeks!!
Post a Comment