Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Both Here!

Thanks for all the kind words on my last post.  Some tears (of mine) were definitely shed yesterday/last night for no particular reason.  Or I guess, many reasons not limited to but including having a new baby home and a sassy toddler! 

Last night with Jude went somewhat well. We did get a couple decent stretches of sleep.  But Liam ended up in our bed per usual lately, and then he got upset when Jude was crying, and it was chaotic. D had to sleep with L in his bed then.  Oh well.... It could have been much worse I suppose.

And in better news, they are BOTH home now!  We just got home with Olive a little while ago.

Let the games begin!







6 comments:

addingtothepack said...

Congrats and good luck with the first night at home with all three kids. Welcome home Jude and Olive.

Kari said...

They're adorable!! Good luck transitioning!!

quadmom said...

So sorry you're feeling so stressed right now. I didn't see your post bc we're actually in the U.P. in MI right now. Thinking of you, Jen. Big congrats on having both babies home. This is hard, but take it one day at a time and don't expect perfection ... you are the perfect mother for Jude and Olive, and you are learning together. Don't be too hard on yourself. *hugs*

Lauren said...

Congratulations on having both babies home!

Trust me, I shed a LOT of tears during the first two weeks. And I didn't really even have a good reason. You're in good company, and it will get better. You won't be expecting it, and then suddenly you'll realize you're feeling just a little bit more normal.

Until then, go ahead and cry.

AplusB said...

Congratulations!! They are so perfect and gorgeous!
It is crazy at first, but you will get in the swing of things. Just remember to ask for help when you need it!

S said...

Look at those precious, tiny babies! I'm so glad they're both home!

I, too, shed many tears in the first few weeks after our twins were born (and I'm usually not a crier). I think it's a combination of dropping hormone levels and feeling overwhelmed.

I wish you all the best as you make this transition. It does get easier!