Sunday, October 28, 2012

Dramatic

Okay, so my last post may have been a bit heavy on the drama, a little "woe is me"-ish.  Fatigue is a bitch. A crabby bitch.  Wait, maybe that is me. 

I tend to be a bit of a hypochondriac. I always have been.  This was made way worse by my 4 years spent with mystery symptoms that turned out to be MS.  I KNEW something was wrong with me.  A lot of doctors weren't so sure.  Needless to say, that whole journey did not help the places my brain goes to when something isn't right.   This unfortunately extends to my babies as well.  I don't just assume "oh, they're being BABIES".  I assume, "Something must be wrong".  Mayday mayday!  D is no better with this.  "She's obviously screaming in pain". "Something is obviously wrong! This isn't normal!"  Etc.  He isn't exactly the yin to my yang in this regard....  so when you have 2 crying babies (and a toddler who wants attention), things tend to escalate.   And yes, we definitely know the "S's" (shushing swaddling, swinging, etc), and we have tried them all. Some work better than others, and not consistently, which sucks.   But they certainly aren't inconsolable or colickly, so I know things could surely be worse!

So I *think* things are a bit better on the Gentlease formula, which is a stepping stone to Nutramagin.  We did go all the way down that path with Liam, but we are hoping to not get that extreme this time, and hoping it's not reflux.  Only time will tell I suppose. 

My mom was here helping last night and today again, and it is so nice to just have the help so I can walk the dogs, get groceries, etc.  And have someone else to say "No, don't hit the dogs, that is not nice".  "Not so loud, the babies are sleeping".  "Don't be so rough", etc etc, etc ad nauseum.  Liam finds the need to terrorize the poor dogs constantly. And shriek. Especially if the babies are crying (which is super awesome).

  I came back from the store today, (and D had been here with her, mind you, although he was with our neighbor and moving something in the basement or doing whatever it is guys do down there) and my mom said "This place is like a circus!"   Indeed.  I guess I better learn to juggle.

2 comments:

Gemini Momma said...

Oh man... I think you're doing great! It's really not easy at first, but it'll get better. Well... I can't really say that since I never had the toddler/3rd kid to deal with (and now that my two are becoming toddlers I'm like, WHOA - TODDLERS! ARE! NUTS!) so, uh yah. But it will get a little better at least, I'm sure of that. :)

Alison said...

Twins are HAAAAAARD. And I can only imagine having a toddler as well!! You are doing great. Amazing, really!