You guys. My MIL and hyper 8 year old niece are here. I am going to fucking lose my shit. My mom left yesterday after being here since Tuesday. So they came to stay last night and tonight. OMG. The niece came to "entertain" Liam. They are buddies, most likely more so because she is immature and hyper. So playing with a 2 year old seems fun to her. But they run around and wrestle and screech and jump. MIL didn't get up one single time to help us last night. D and I were up constantly as the babies were restless and not getting any good stretches of sleep. I went to bed super early, so I didn't hear their bedtime "plans", but evidently she told D to wake her up to help. She was staying of course in the guest room that is NOT right next to the nursery, for whatever reason. So she couldn't hear them. D told her he wasn't going to wake her up; that there's enough going on when the babies are up. This morning she said to both of us "You were supposed to wake me up to help!" Oh, OKAY. *Insert heavy eye roll*. We shouldn't have to WAKE her up. What, am I going to go in there and SHAKE HER while I have a screaming baby or 2 in my arms? That seems like a super plan. I was actually kind of glad she just stayed out of it. It's more hassle than anything when she doesn't know what little routine we have established.
Ugh. Go home. I am crabby and being ungrateful! She did clean up a Liam poop-splosion earlier though, so that was nice :)
And in healing news, I seem to have developed some sort of weird bladder pain. It's very hard to explain, it's like IN my bladder, and hurts when I'm just about done with a pee. When I googled this, I found TONS of others describe the exact same thing post c-section. They had me come in to do a UA, which was negative, so they gave some pain/anti spasm bladder pills, which seemed to make things worse. Then they gave me some antibiotics just in case there was an infection in there the UA missed. Most people seemed to say theirs just went away with time. JUST want I need. The nurse said I'm supposed to avoid all caffeine, as that is an irritant. Well. Maybe that nurse should trying not drinking any coffee after SHE has been up constantly in the night. Not gonna happen! I tried to just have a few sips yesterday and that resulted in an all-day pounding headache.
So I'm full of cheer today!
6 comments:
Company when everyone is trying to get settled in a new routine is so difficult. Company ever can be difficult when certain people are involved. Sorry. Hope the bladder pain goes away quickly too. So many fun things happen to your body post partum.
Mother-in-laws are so useless.
I had the exact same bladder thing. It does go away after a while but it is really frustrating while it's going on. Give it a couple of months (I think it might have been a little quicker than that to heal but def by 2 months it was better).
Sorry she wasn't much help! Hope you're getting the hang of things slowly but surely.
Ugh, I'm sorry, Jen. It's hard having anyone who isn't 100% helpful in your home with a new baby (or two).
P.S. I hear ya on not being able to give up the coffee. You can counteract its irritant effect by drinking a glass of water along with each cup of coffee, as well as drinking at least 2 liters of water (or more) each day.
That sucks when someone who is supposed to be helping actually creates more work/stress for you. Hang in there. I know everyone says this, but it's true, it does get easier!
I had some weird bladder issues, too, like I had to "push" my pee out for about a month post c-section. It did go away.
Hang in there! Olive and Jude are so so so cute.
You should totally forget who should do what in your mind and wake her up if that's what the deal was, after all, you would get some help and sleep and that's all what matters! Its not time to get angry over pitty things lol ... The babies are so adorable, congratulations again!
Post a Comment