Monday, December 31, 2012

35 Years, 3 Months

So I turned 35 two days ago.  Yep. It happened.  This birthday is hitting me harder than any other for whatever reason.  My MIL and nieces came to our house to babysit, and we went out for dinner and to a comedy club with friends. It was awesome!  They also got up in the night with the babies.  More of the awesome.  This picture was on FB, and one of D's friends said something about D being a goober and ruining this picture by going all "thug life".  Bahaha!  I kind of thought the same thing.  Thanks, hon!


And the babies turned 3 months old on the 26th.



























For some reason, getting a decent picture of them is much harder than it should be!

Things are going pretty well.  I wish I could say they are sleeping through the night, but I would be a big fat liar.  One of them usually gets up once, and the other usually twice.  It just depends on which is which....sometimes they both get up twice, although not usually.  We have all been sick with the Daycare Crud, and it hasn't been kind to them.  There isn't a lot that is more pathetic-sounding than a 3 month old with a hacking cough. :(  Hard to sleep well when you can't breathe, this I know.   We have the humidifier going, and 3 different kids of snot suckers.  Hopefully it will pass soon.   Otherwise it's going to be a damn long winter, of this I'm sure. They are still fussy babies, but that seems to be improving a bit also.

Olive finally has her swallow study this Wednesday, so we shall see if that finds anything. I kind of think she just only wants to eat when she wants to eat, and 5-7PM is just her hardcore Witching Hours.  I'm beginning to think the screeching may not have to do with anything other than that.   She's gaining weight like a champ, so her pedi still isn't concerned.  Last week she weighed 9.3, and Jude weighed 11.12.  He's our little chubb-o!  And he spits up half of what he eats, even with cereal added to the bottle.  I can only imagine what he would weigh if he kept it all down.  He can roll over and has for about a month and half now, which is so random since he was a preemie.   Whatever, little man, do your thing.

Hope everyone has a good New Year's; we will be celebrating from the couch!

7 comments:

Jules said...

I hope the swallow study turns out ok. It's pretty cool what they can tell from that test. Who knew my son was silently aspirating? He showed no signs of coughing or gagging so we never would have known without the test.

Lauren said...

Happy New Year! I went all crazy and stayed up until 9:30.

Kari said...

Happy New Year!! The babes are adorable as usual. Sorry everyone is sick. Our pedi says this year is going to be bad with respiratory and flu issues. Yay!! Not. Glad you had a fun birthday and got to get some real uninterrupted sleep. Yay sleep!! No seriously, yay sleep!! Ah the newborn stage. In the grand scheme it passes so quickly, in the trenches it creeps by. Hope the swallow study goes well.

Lowfatlady said...

Happy new years! Happy birthday belated! Glad things are getting at least a little better. I can only imagine three babies with the daycare crud, I am sorry. I hope everyone feels better soon!

Amber said...

Happy birthday and Happy New Year!!!
I hope the swallow study turns out well. We have one fussy baby and it is exhausting...I thought they were supposed to stop being overly fussy at 3 months?
I hope you're all feeling better soon!

S said...

Happy Birthday, and Happy New Year!

Sorry about the illnesses. That is rough.

S said...

P.S. What I wouldn't give to be 35 again! I'll be 42 in just over two months. :-(