So the babies turned 6 months old (6 months young?) last week. They don't got to the doctor until 4/10, so I don't know their current weights. Jude is a bruiser who weighs a good 16 lbs though and about 3 more than Olive. It's weird that they are so mismatched, but whatever. Twins are weird, yo. True story.
We were at my family's side of the state this weekend for Easter. Liam and I stayed at my mom's house on Friday and Saturday nights, and D brought the babies there on Saturday morning. My sister, BIL, and niece were in town from St. Paul, so we wanted to give L and his cousin a chance to actually play together since they are only 4.5 months apart in age. From there we go to my dad's house (gotta love divorced parents!) later in the day for Easter #2, then D and the babies headed back home, and we went back to my mom's for more cousin play time. It was a good weekend.
It was nice to have a break from all 3 kids, not gonna lie. When L and I got home mid-morning yesterday, everyone quickly became out of sorts and crabby. It was one LONG day. We think Olive is teething, Liam was off on his nap schedule and had 2 potty accidents for no apparent reason, and Jude was just Jude. At one point around dinnertime everyone was crying about something, and D and I were just wiped. Happy Easter to us! It was one of Those Nights, and it was rough. I wish to not repeat it tonight.
We bid adieu to our night nanny, since the babies are mostly sleeping from 8PM-5:30AM each night, so it's really not worth our money anymore. She wasn't reliable with which nights she worked each week anyway, and that was hugely annoying. Of course last night Olive awoke twice, and Jude was up for the day at 5:30. The nanny has 2 nights left this week, so hopefully they can works the kinks out of their sleep schedules by next week! Riiiiight. Liam was a really good "teether", and he wasn't one to get a fever and/or be sick with each tooth. It's proving to be much more of an issue with Olive, so that doesn't bode well for us (or our sleep!)
Jude was clearly not pleased to have his picture taken, and he wanted everyone to know.

5 comments:
Jude looks like a total bruiser in that pic! Love it! And then sweet little Olive just chillin in her leggings. Ahhh too cute.
Whaaaaat?! They've gotten SO big! Cutie pies. Hey babies, SLEEP! ;)
Twins are weird... I want to pinch Jude's cheeks!!! I love them!!! Sleep babies. Sleep. Have a talk with them. I try that about every other night and sometimes they listen.... I'm afraid of teething...
Noah was a really good teether, too, but Isaiah sucks at it. He doesn't get a fever or anything but it makes him miserable. Poor babies :(
They are absolutely adorable! :)
I hope the sleep patterns will soon shake into place. I can't even imagine the sleeplessness with 3 little ones.
Post a Comment