You guys, I need to give a shout-out to Wednesdays. Every single one. You see, I don't work on Wednesdays, however, the kids still go to daycare/school. Now, if they have appts, I try to make them on that day, so I do feel like I spend a fair amount of time taking someone (or me!) to the doctor for something (although I'm sure that is exaggerated in my mind since they really don't go to the doctor all that much!)
But for the most part, that is Me Day, and I really don't know what I would do without it. I'm not trying to be braggy here; I know people who would give anything to have more "me" time. I definitely, definitely do not take it for granted. At all. I just know I need it to survive, and that Wednesdays are the fastest moving days ever! I usually try to walk the dogs, do some yoga or pilates, run a few errands, and take a nap. I take my MS injection on Tuesday nights, so that oftentimes leaves me feeling a bit hungover/headachy/tired the next day, so a nap is often in order. I do still check work email all day and have things to keep up on, but so far, I think it's working out well for me to be away from the office that day. I certainly hope my boss agrees!
In other news, Jude started crawling for real right after I said he was close to doing it, and now he crawls everywhere. Olive is clearly frustrated that she isn't there yet, but she is getting close too! Jude also learned to clap and wave in the last few days. Apparently he's having some sort of major mental breakthrough despite having a nasty cough that sent us to Urgent Care on Sunday and warranted a steroid injection for probable Croup. It's summer! Daycare isn't supposed to be infested with germs! Yet the baby room is indeed, and is snotty nose and hand sanitizer central up in here like it's February. Very discouraging. Both Jude and Olive were home from daycare sick on Monday and D and I split the day off work taking care of them. Hopefully it all passes soon, as it's making bedtime an issue for some reason. They are having a hard time going to sleep, and if they do, they wake up screaming shortly after. Maybe it's a coincidence and they're having some weird sleep regression, but whatever it is, it sucks. And it's amping up my bedtime anxiety/insomnia issues to the max like having newborns again! Grrrr.
Wednesday, take me away!
3 comments:
My Me Time is Mace's nap in the afternoon....and Me Time is going to come to a screeching halt next week when I have to go back to school. I guess I'll paint my nails again/watch Days of Our Lives/eat a normal lunch next June when school's out.
Hoping everyone is healthy & sleeping again soon!
Enjoy your Wednesday!!
I had "me time" yesterday and it was AMAAAAZING!!! And it's all thanks to Alec who was up until 3 am for unknown reasons! There was no way I was going into the office after that, and my mom still watched them so I could catch up on sleep and GO SHOPPING BY MYSELF. For CLOTHES! I'm wearing my new shirt right now. High five for ME TIME!!!
Yay for me time! One of our twins has his third ear infection this week and were seeing an ent tomorrow about tubes. So, ditto on the sickness in July/August!!!
Post a Comment