Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Is There Anyone Out There?

Well.  It appears it's been 4 months since I last blogged.  Whoah.  I received a kick in the arse from Sally to actually WRITE SOMETHING ALREADY, and it seems it worked.  Thanks, Sally!

I obviously haven't been writing because nothing of interest is going on with me, and my life is completely boring in every way a circus.  A 3-ring circus.

Let's start with some pictures, shall we?
Here's Liam and Olive looking out the window at....?  Who knows. Spring, probably. They are looking at Spring.  Because it's about damn time.  (I'm not bitter about our horrendously long winter, obviously).  And then there's Jude.  Jude is our little BIG class clown.  He is into everything.  EVERY SINGLE THING. Why would he use the door in our little play house when he can just crash over the top of it??

It's a good thing he's charming.  He is 28 lbs of charming.  TWENTY-EIGHT. Oy.

Here is Olive's very first ponytail.  She actually kept it in for several hours, then she wanted to nothing to do with it. I haven't tried again.  Is it weird that Olive and Jude still drink bottles in the morning and the evening??  They don't at daycare and they have sippy cups with meals. Whatevs.

Olive is a petite 21.12 lbs. She is getting herself some shiny new ear tubes on Thursday.  Can't wait for that.  We got a Birth-3 referral for her non-walking skills at 15 months, but girlfriend figured it out shortly thereafter.  Whew.  Just in time to play outside on our dead brown lawn!

Here's everyone looking out the window again, because we have zero toys for them to play with. *snort*.  Notice the pretty brown lawn.  But no snow  No more snow!!

Everyone is doing pretty well. Time for bullets.
  • D got a Very Important Procedure done finally, and there will be no more babies (Hooray!) I ran into a neighbor of my mom's recently, and she met the twins for the first time and made the "You have your hands full!" comment, to which I made the "Yep, and we're all done!" comment.  And bless her strict Catholic heart, she said something along the lines of "Oh, you never know!" Uh...... I'm pretty damn sure, ma'am.  Kthanxbai.
  • D and I are accompanying a group of 20 ADULTS to Punta Cana in 19 days!  (Who's counting though).  All-inclusive Caribbean resort?  Yep.  yepyepyepyep.  D's retired parents are watching our brood along with his sister who lives with them (and her two kids who are 17 and 10 and very helpful).  WINNING!  TWINNING!  Can't wait. 
  • I got a new job.  The old one...uh....asked me to leave.  It was very bizarre. I got 2 months of severance out of it though.  They are restructuring the position.  I was looking for something else, and I think they perhaps got wind of that.  Whatever. It was not a good fit, and the only reason I made it 2 years is because of my cushy 4 days/week schedule.  Lo and behold, I got another 4 days/week HR Manager gig that is 3.2 miles from home.  BOOM.   It's not glorious, but it will do. More money too!  Mo money, mo problems?  We'll see.  Daycare be expensive though.  I really do need that 1 day during the week while my kids are still at daycare for my sanity. And I fully appreciate how awesome it is that I have it. (The extra day, not my sanity. Whether that is in tact is entirely debatable).
  • Hmmm....we've had a few date nights the last 3 months or so, and those have been glorious.  Praise be the babysitter.
  • Liam turns 4 at the end of May. Nuts!  He is a crazy little person who has loads of opinions. Sometimes he likes OJ and sometimes he's mad they are invading his space. Then he will be mean, there will be pushing and shoving, and he will get sent to his room.  Overall though, I would say our Spirited Child is getting a little mellower.
  • And other than that?  We chase everyone around constantly.  Olive and Jude are full of mischief. Someone is whining about something constantly.  Sometimes, everyone is whining about everything all at the same time.   Then mama has a drink.
Seacrest out.






3 comments:

Sally said...

---HI!!!
---JUDE. The Bruiser. Love him.
---Ponytail! LOVE.
---Mace has taken to the window too. I guess to look at the Big Kids across the way doing Much Cooler Non-Toddler Things.
---Stoked for a Punta Cana post.
---Way to go on the new job!!! :)))

quadmom said...

"Someone is whining about something constantly. Sometimes, everyone is whining about everything all at the same time. Then mama has a drink."

Sorry were you writing my biography? haha

Glad to hear you're all doing so well!! Our Liam is starting to mellow (slightly) now that he's finally potty trained. Who knows.

Lauren said...

Oh, the Punta Cana trip! I'm jealous. Maybe in 15 years...