Is this thing on???? Is there anyone out there? Wow, it's been awhile. 3 months??!! Dude. I fell off the wagon!
Let's see. Things are busy. Really busy. You might be able to envision that when you picture my household. OJ turn 23 months today! Liam continues to be 4. I would say he's gradually getting less spirited-certainly better than age 3, but by no means a go-with-the-flow type of child. He's getting smarter and more helpful though, so any little bit of that I can get I will eat up with a spoon. He starts 4k next week! And you know, I have to say, I don't understand when parents get all weepy and super sad about their kids getting a year older and starting school. (Not that there's anything wrong with that). Perhaps I am an emotionless stone-hearted person or something, but it doesn't make me sad. At all. And obviously I don't stay home with them, so it's not going to change my day either way. I'm excited for him to grow and learn and become a KID. You know? Not that he's not now, but school kind of changes everything. I really enjoyed school growing up. I hope he does too.
Olive and Jude are definitely almost 2. Definitely feeling the TWO-NESS round these parts. Two-ness times 2 is.....interesting. It's like a little study in tantrums at my house. Who knew there were so many different varieties?!! They hug each other and hit each other and fight and laugh. As of late, they are in some sort of soul-sucking sleep regression that I have yet to experience previously. One or both of them will just wake up sca-reaming in the middle of the night. They don't really seem to know what they want, but they also don't seem to be in a night terror "trance". They just want the hell out of their cribs. That much they know. I have been camping out on the living room floor lately with them when it's "my night" to deal with this. Mama just needs sleep. I don't care where or how at 3:00 in the morning. You don't want your crib? Fine. We're headed to the living room floor then. David tries to get them back into their cribs or in our bed. Neither seems to work well, so living room it is. I know no decent method to deal with this, especially when one awakens the other (as was the last two nights while I've been single parenting it. Super fun). And restful. SUPER RESTFUL.
D is in San Fran for a work conference this week, and I'm joining him on Thursday. Can't wait! He has gone to this before, and I have met him out there before, but it's one of our favorite places to visit. We are going to stay in Sonoma for 2 nights and San Fran for 1. Hooray for my in-laws!
Not much else. My job is ho-hum and it's making me rethink what I want to be when I grow up. HR is so boring. It's making me contemplate staying home with OJ part-time if I could get a job with fewer hours/week, but that doesn't seem likely to happen. And I'm not sure that I would handle that transition all that well anyway.
So, here are some pictures!
Olive's swimsuit was on backwards at the splash pad because I'm a moron. Then I discovered it actually wasn't backwards, the straps just aren't supposed to cross. She's worn it before. D'oh. #mombrain.
This ugly pink hand-me-down Barbie car has gotten more usage than any toy. Whatever man.
Snuggling with daddy. Jude loves his silky pink blanket.
Tossing rocks with my mom. She was nice enough to help me on Saturday since we had to take D to the airport. She later commented that they are at the "hardest, busiest" stage she's encountered with them yet. Good call, Mom. They are exhausting. This is why this mama drinks.
Cheers




3 comments:
Bwhahaha that bathing suit mishap made me LOL. That would be something that would happen to me if I had a girl.
I can't believe you are going to San Fran + wiiiiinnnne this weekend. My jealousy is out of control right in the heat of this moment.
I echo all your thoughts on children growing up, starting school, the whole deal. Although I'm like permanently in 8th grade, so I guess I really love school?
You should reconsider HR and consider teaching! Best hours/schedule ever! You could teach some high schoolers about the business world!
It took you 3 months to write and it took me 3 weeks to read it. HA! I hear ya on the random wake ups. (knock wood) We had those a lot about a month ago and it just sucks so much. There's really not much you can do but ride it out and keep trying to get them back in that crib every 30 minutes or so. Love that pink silky blanket -- can I borrow it??? The big 2 is so close, I can taste it. I'm also looking forward to the boys being older so we can share all the kid things that I love and they WILL also love too, right??? I'm starting to see the tantrums and I'm holding on to my hats, hoping that it won't be as bad as I'm expecting it to be... :-)
Post a Comment