I'm not sure I have anything to even blog about, but I'm trying to make an effort.
When I found out we were having twins and was scared shitless, I was scared of this time in my life, only I didn't know it yet. I thought having twin babies was going to be the hardest thing. Twin preemie babies and a toddler. Yep, that was hard. Really hard. But we didn't have colicky babies or ones who hated to sleep. We were fairly lucky in that regard. It was a lot, but it was manageable. Other families have more challenges with which to deal.
Things have turned SO MUCH harder! I don't think I was prepared for 2 two-year olds and a 4.5-year old. I mean, how you do really prepare for that?!
I suddenly have all these little people with all these Very Strong Opinions about every thing. I was not prepared for Jude, in essence my mildest mannered one (although he's quick to cry) to care SO MUCH about what shirt and pajamas he wears. Every single day. And Olive isn't much better. I tried to get her to wear some of Jude's camo pants that are too small for him. I was stoked. They were going to be so cute on her! I tried twice. This morning, I got a very firm "NO. PINK!" from her. Got it, kid. PINK. It makes mornings before work an extra special family bonding experience with absolutely no frustration or yelling. HAH. D used to work from home a lot, making him very available in the AM to sit with/feed/dress them while I get ready. Well, he got a new job and has places to be first thing in the morning now, so we'll all trying to get out the door! It's like a comedy of errors every day. And dinnertime is no better.
I *think* we are managing though. Day by day. I seriously think that is my new motto. It's like a circus though and it's not pretty a lot of the time. The house is very often trashed and Jude and I both have bronchitis right now. There are no parenting medals being awarded here, or probably not even a participation ribbon. But today Liam got a baby wipe to clean Olive's mouth, and Jude laughed his ass off playing peekaboo with himself behind the curtain. Deep breath.
We can do this.
2 comments:
The theme song of that old show Step by Step came into my head......step by step.....day by day......fresh start over.....something......something. Anyway.
Honestly I think about you a lot.......I will look at Mace laying on the floor screaming because I did not allow him to ride the vacuum down the stairs and just wonder what it would be like if there were TWO of them who were mad at me about that.......Plus a Liam too! Dang girl, you're doing an amazing job in my opinion.
And I do really want to see O in the camo. CUTE!!
Yeah, having twin toddlers is no picnic. Much harder than twin infants, IMHO. I can't imagine having an older child (still preschool-aged!) on top of that.
Post a Comment