Thursday, February 5, 2015

Hellllllooooo

Well, hello.  It's been...a while.  Blah blah, same story, different blog.

Things round these parts are crazy!  Shocking, right?  No. Probably not shocking.

I don't have anything earth-shattering to write about either.  Just wanted to pop in any say hi and see if anyone was still reading!  

OJ are 2 years, 4 months old now (because I'm over referring to them as 28 months), and Liam turns 5 at the end of May.  They play, they fight, and then they fight some more, and then they tattle.  It's all a big party shitstorm, really.

Olive and Jude are still in their cribs.  I plan to keep them there until they are 8. Seriously though, as long as possible. They are not climbing out.  They are good sleepers, except for the random phase of one of them wailing in the night for no reason.  Jude is playing that game currently.  It's fun for all!
Liam still wakes in the night and comes into our bed every single night.  We've tried bribing, putting a sleeping bag by our bed, etc etc.  Nothing works.  He claims he's scared.  And it's a bit hard to argue, as he is the only one whose bedroom is on that side of the house.  And speaking of which---we are building a new house!  *Just because things were a little dull for us....we thought we would add some stress.  But!  Then all the bedrooms will be together, and we're hoping that will help.  We close May 13th!   We just need to list and sell our current house before then (no big deal. ha. hahahaha).  We are moving so we are officially in the school district where Liam attends 4k, for which we had to open-enroll him. We are moving 1.5 miles up the road.

And back to Liam; he creeps into our bed in the middle of the night, not waking us.  So by the time we realize he's there, it's kind of too late.  Not like we want to wake him up, send him back to his room, and cause a huge tantrum at 4am.  NOPE.COM.   So whatever.  He bugs us and thrashes around a bit, but it is what it is. Parents of the year.

OJ also still have their pacifiers at home. but we are working on the "for naps/bedtime only" right now and hope to just transition to that soon.  They are very addicted to them, and Liam was too. Meh.  They can both talk in complete/semi-complete sentences when they so desire, so it's more of a dental issue at this point I think.  Things are so crazy at dinnertime each night, all they want is their dumb paci after not having it for comfort at school all day, so whatevs.  Anything to alleviate the chaos.  Dinnertime is just constant chaos at our house.  Of course they are all super picky eaters and want Nutella sandwiches and applesauce pouches and Gogurts and string cheese to eat pretty much every night.   We offer more and sometimes we get lucky.  Sometimes not.

So that's where things are!  I still work 4 days/week and they go to school/daycare all 5 days, so I have some time to accomplish things/save my sanity.  It's all still so exhausting though.

Liam recently started swim lessons on Friday nights, so the "running around" to lessons has begun! I see much more of that in my future.

Over and out

5 comments:

S said...

So good to read a post from you, and I love the photo of the three of them! (I'm impressed, as I have a hard time getting a shot of my TWO children together in the same frame.)

Sounds like things are (mostly) going well. :-)

Amber said...

I love your updates. Moving!!! Gah! You are brave. Dinner is often chaos at our house too. Well, lunch can be too. Usually someone decides they are going to scream and throw a fit for no apparent reason. Not climbing out yet? That's amazing. Keep them in there until hey are 9. Shoot for the stars. Keep chugging along.

Sally said...

Can't wait to see all the updates as you guys move :)) Mace is still in his crib too......no attempt to climb out ever. Every single morning I am sure that THIS will be the morning I hear a giant thud and he's decided to jump out, but that day has not come. Yet. So I'm with you, I'm going to leave him there til he's 8!! LOVED the video of Olive waking Jude up this morning on Insta!!!!!

Jules said...

Just caught up with your post! MOVING! I'm so jealous!!! We have already outgrown our house. I hope your places sells quickly and you guys can have an easy time of it. Wow I can't believe Liam is 5 already!!! Ours are really picky at dinner time too. But they'll eat everything in sight for breakfast. So maybe I should just serve breakfast food 24/7.

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!