Showing posts with label u/s. Show all posts
Showing posts with label u/s. Show all posts

Friday, October 2, 2009

Call me Crazy-Update

So after having an extra bad paranoia "attack" yesterday when like the 5th person asked me if I was having symptoms, I called my RE's Medical Assistant. She is very nice and helpful and told me to call anytime, about anything. So I asked her. She of course didn't really have much to say other than "everyone's different, blah blah". She said she would schedule an u/s for this coming Monday (6 weeks) for me, if it would make me feel better. Um, yes please! So D and I were very excited about that. And THEN I got a call today from the RE's insurance girl, and she said she noticed that I have an u/s scheduled, and that unforunately my HMO won't pay for any of it to be done at that clinic since it's now considered "routine OB care". (and they won't pay for the 2 betas I had done either). Fantastic. To make matters worse, we actually just switched back to MY insurance effective October 1st. So everything is a mess. They think I could get a referral from my old OB/GYN who originally gave me the referral to Dr. P, but not in time for an u/s on Monday.

So. That means either cancelling it or paying out of pocket. *SIGH*. What's a girl to do? It's $225. That seems so silly to pay that, when we could essentially wait til 10/13 and hopefully get some of it paid for. But as D pointed out, we have already spent ridiculous $$ on all of this; if it's going to make us feel more content, at least for the time being, then it's probably $ well spent. So I think the plan at this point is to go with it on Monday. I know it's too early to see much, but I am still excited!

**So D and I were doing a little more research and talking about this. Murgdan's U/S pics are helpful to me over at Conceive This! (also Amalah's Zero to Forty). So what I have learned, is that for the most part, you can see the heartbeat starting sometime in the 6th week, but not usually before. On Monday, I will be technically 5 w 6d. So, it really might not be $ well spent; if we can't see the HB either way, then I'm not really sure what the comfort would be. However, if we just quit being so paranoid and wait till the 13th, all should be good in that dept. I don't know if they will let me keep the appt on the 13 if we go for an u/s on Monday. This is a question I forgot to ask. Then we'd be waiting several more weeks to see/hear anything exciting. So now we might cancel it after all. I don't really know what to do! But I don't really want go week after week being scared and paranoid. I need a little Zen-ness and that might just start by waiting this out! What do you guys think???