I am wondering if anyone out there has any experience or knows anyone who has had success with Chinese herbs for IF? I have seen an acupunturist 3 times now, and this today he suggested adding herbs to the mix. I wasn't really sure what that was all about, to be quite honest. I am not generally inclined to fall for everyone trying to sell me something, but I am also trying to be as open-minded as possible to things that could help IF. (or maybe that's called just being desperate for baby and willing to try anything!) Obviously Western medicine hasn't been real successful so far; perhaps I will have more luck with Eastern medicine.
He also has me no longer drinking ice cold beverages (I know, seriously). Evidently Chinese medicine doesn't believe in drinking ice cold beverages because they "shock your system". Again, willing to be open minded, but tepid water isn't terribly refreshing on a hot summer day!
Not supposed to have much caffeine, not much alcohol, and now not even COLD WATER? I sure do lead an exciting life. I'd really like to have something to show for this now.
5 comments:
I've never heard not to drink ice cold water before, but if it works I won't knock it. I know that your not supposed to drink caffeine while your pregnant anyways. I've been slowly lowering my amount of soda over the past couple of months.
I wanted to let you know that I have awarded you the One Lovely Blog Award. Come to my blog to receive your award.
Hi there - gosh, I know you sent me an email about the Femera and I totally forgot to respond until I read your post. I'm SO SORRY!
About the Femera - my big-box RE center won't rx it. Period. End of story. I've asked, I've begged - they refuse. Something about it not being FDA approved for TTC related stuff ... I think it's a load of crap. But what can I do? They're the only gig in town so I'm at their mercy.
Hence, due to crappy lining I'm headed for injects next cycle.
*sigh*
This should be easier - ((hugs)) to you.
Hey, I've been getting acupuncture and taking herbs for 7 months now to help with getting preg. I started out having a period about every 40-60 days and no ovulation and moved to a 31-34 day cycle with ovulation and a more "regular" period if you get my drift. My herbs have always been geared towards shortening my cycle and helping my lining. That is until I started Clomid for the 2nd try and now my cycle is like 24-26 days and only 8-9 days after ovulation which is no good. So she changed up my herbs because of that. Anyways I would go for it, it definitely has helped me to ovulate and have a semi-normal period even if I'm not preg yet.
Jen, I know that you are already pregnant but thought I should post this for other women reading your blog. I, too, see a Chinese Medicine doctor for fertility/pregnancy. I am currently 8 weeks pregnant. I started with acupuncture and herbs. My periods were always fine but I have a uterine abnormality that makes me very high risk. I lost my first child in May at nearly 21 weeks. One of the true saviors was my chinese medicine doc. She did "grief" treatments followed by "letting go" treatments. We finally were able to move on to my chi and yang. Now, I see her weekly to help hold the pregnancy. At 6 months we will do a treatment to "clear a path" for the baby. She has gotten numerous women pregnant when western medicine alone didn't work. Fyi, she tells me the same thing, no ice. I love ice. But they believe our bodies were not designed to ingest cold beverages and it is "moving" for the baby. She works to get the entire body in the best state to conceive. I believe in her 100%. It is sometimes hard for us to conceptualize, because it is not an accepted part of our culture. There is definitely a place for eastern medicine along with your western medicine if you are seeking fertility treatments.
Post a Comment