Monday, September 21, 2009

Limbo

First of all, welcome to any ICLW'ers. A little about me: I am 31 and I work in Human Resources for a large healthcare company. D is 36, and he is an IT Consultant. He works from home when he's not at a client site. We have been married a little over 2 years. We have 2 fur-babies, Jack and Roxy, who are our whole life. Boy, they are going to need some adjusting when a baby FINALLY comes along! We both like sports, working out, live music, and unfortunately I love wine! :-)

D and I have been TTC since June '08. I have never recieved a BFP, although we don't really have a diagnosis of anything! Frustrating. SA good, HSG clear, etc. My RE doesn't really believe in doing LAPs since there isn't an apparent reason, and insurance doesn't cover it. So I really don't know what is going on in there! Oh, and I have regular periods.

So. This cycle. (my first Follistim/IUI cycle for any newbies). I am on CD28 today. This is the day AF usually arrives. I took an HPT yesterday. BFN. However, I have been very crampy, which normally signals the start of AF, yet she is not here. I was *sure* she had arrived yesterday in Target. I was also *sure* in the middle of the night last night, and again this AM. Nope and nope. So I am just hanging out. I guess I will test tomorrow again if no AF.

I don't feel sick, I don't feel extra tired. I just feel bloated and crampy. Weird. So that is my story. If AF is going to arrive, I'd like to go ahead and move this along so we can put this costly cycle behind us! Then the next step would be to decide whether we are going to do 1 more IUI or move on to IVF. A follistim cycles costs us $2000+, and that just doesn't seem very cost effective to me. But I won't put the cart before the horse...er something.

**Andrew Bird

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you didn't get a positive yet. Maybe it's too early? I hope aunt flo stays away and you start to get some pregnancy symptoms.

Baby Hungry said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that a BFP will come! Stay away stupid period!!

Anonymous said...

Oh hun, I SO hope this is *it* for you! Does your RE (or Dr. for that matter) do Betas after IUI's?
The waiting is agony, I know. Especially when you are *technically* late.

All my crossables are crossed for you girl! I SO want you to be a IUI/Injects success story!

quadmom said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! We ended up with 8 fertilized embryos (we exposed 10 to sperm). I am cautiously optimistic that we'll make it to transfer, but I don't want to get my hopes too high since anything can happen.

Your situation sounds a lot like mine: everything seems normal and you've never had a BFP. In some ways I find it extremely frustrating because it just makes you ask "what the heck is wrong with me?!" but then I am glad it's nothing so obviously serious that it makes TTC impossible from the start.

I was between doing a second Follistim IUI or IVF, too, and I opted for IVF because I was cracking under the pressure. I hope this IUI works out for you though and you never have to make that choice.

I'll be following along! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I hope it all works out for you! I hope you get that BFP very soon!

Happy ICLW

Anonymous said...

i hope AF stays away! i hate her and know her all too well myself. i hope your results are different tomorrow. good luck!

Alison said...

Hope that BFP shows up soon!

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.