Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Say What? - Update***

So last night my stomach was out of control bloated; I was so uncomfortable and seriously looked about 4 months pregnant. I didn't think I could wear my regular pants to work today. Good thing it's still warm enough for a knit skirt!

Even though Dr. P told me at my last appt that both of these things were normal, I was so uncomfortable that I thought it was worth an email just to let her know. She responded immediately by calling me. I basically recapped my email, and she said "well, you are probably that bloated because you are pregnant. Now, obviously I can't promise that, but I have seen this before at this stage in other patients". Um, 'at this stage'? I had my IUI YESTERDAY! Did she forget that? I really was in shock and didn't feel like arguing with her, so I didn't press it. What I wanted to say was "um, do you think I am someone else??" Jennifer is an awfully common name. Dude. Why would she even say that?????? I feel like getting my hopes up is a really dangerous thing. Maybe a little positive energy will work wonders though.

And I didn't drink any caffeine today! Decaf all the way for this girl. I thought I would get a huge headache, but I guess the 1/2 caf has been a good step-down. Anything to help this along.

And so we wait.

**udpate; so I conversed further with Dr. P via email earlier today, and she confirmed that yes, she really did mean 1dpIUI for bloating being a sign of a "chemical change" she has seen lead to implantation/pregnancy. So at least she wasn't thinking of another Jennifer :). I must say though, the bloating isnt't nearly as bad as it was, but it's not completely better either. Trying not to get my hopes up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the 2ww. Nothing else like it in TTC land.
OK, so my Dr. has said "those" kind of things to me before and I agree, it's out of line. You can't possibly promise that I'm pregnant so just shut your pie-hole until the positive Beta, kwim?

I hope that the bloat subsides soon :)

~J~ said...

What? I can't believe your doctor would say that to you - potential patient confusion, or really high hopes! I hope you are feeling better soon...or maybe feeling worse because of morning sickness?! Goodluck in the 2ww...it's a killer.

Anonymous said...

Eeee! So exciting. I will keep my fingers crossed for you :D

Baby Hungry said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I hope the Dr. is right and that you have a tiny baby in you!

Anonymous said...

I keep checking in on your blog every once in a while to see if you have updated. I hope all is going well for you. Just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you.