Thursday, September 17, 2009

So Easy for Some

So I have a co-worker I may have made mention to before. She has a 1.5 year old, with whom she became pregnant on the first month. This past spring, she tried for a 2nd, and again, became PG the first month, although she did m/c. Now, I learned today at work, she is 12 weeks pregnant, again from the FIRST TRY.

Now I am actually happy for her; I have long since gotten over the fact that D and I are simply not a "first try" couple, and obviously, they are. But man, I just find it so hard to believe that each couple only has a 25% chance of conceiving each month. Obviously for some couples that percantage has to be higher. And obviously for most of us around these blog parts, much lower. It just kind of blows my mind that for the vast majoriy of couples I know, it happend with only 1 month of trying. That seems ludicrous to me after all these failed cycles. My failed cycles probably seem ludicrous to them!

Anyway, moving along. I know you all have "first try" couples in your lives too. Luckly, as I've mentioned before, I don't have to deal with it all that often.

So the bloating is still present, and I do still have some cramping on and off. That is about it. That really doesn't seem like much, but I am still about 5 days away from the end of the 2ww. I have no idea if most people experience more at this point, and I'm trying not to think too much about it.

I get to have a work dept "team building" (read extended happy hour) tomorrow afternoon on the shores of the lake, with beautiful weather expected. There will be much beer consumed. I plan to have 1 or 2. After all these failed cycles, I have to assume I'm not pregnant until proven otherwise in order to save my sanity! I hope that doesn't make me a bad TTC'er.

5 comments:

Baby Hungry said...

All my good friens are one timers...they feel really bad that I can't be one of them, but they dont really understand what I am going through. Maybe one day I will be on one try girl....ya right!!

Anonymous said...

Keeping everything crossed for you! The bloating is the worst!!! I hope it's for the best of reasons though!

When is your beta?

Jen said...

I don't actually have a beta scheduled. I assume I am just to take a HPT

Anonymous said...

I have the bloating and just occasional cramping as well. I hope it means something. Good luck to you!!

MRS.B said...

Hi! I was just able to link to your blog..I think I need a manual for this :P Thanks for all the wonderful comments on my blog. I really appreciate it. So sorry for all the bloating..I'm feelin it too! Ugh! Oh to be a first try girl..what a dream!