Well, I really don't have much to report, which I guess is a good thing. I think I'm starting to have a few more symptoms; my boobs are starting to hurt a little more and a bit more regularly. This afternoon I felt somewhat queasy, and I definitely notice that my usual appetite for fruit and sweets is not nearly what it was. I normally eat quite a bit of fruit, but it really doesn't seem particularly appetizing to me right now. On Saturday while driving to MN, I ate a Zone bar for breakfast, something I normally love. It seemed extremely sweet to me, and all I wanted after that was beef jerky. Yes, seriously. Beef jerky from the gas station. I ate a WHOLE bag of it in one sitting. At 10:00 AM! That is not normal.
I also have not been sleeping very well, which I was really hoping would not happen. I am someone who has struggled with insomnia and anxiety since Junior High. It's definitely chronic, as far as the insomnia is concerned. I have seen a few different psychiatrists over the years, and been on many different meds to try to help. The one savior that has finally worked wonders for me over the last 5 years is Klonopin (clonazapam). It is unfortunately not on a list of fairly safe things to take during pregnancy. So I weaned off it for the most part, but I'm not sleeping well without it. My substitution for it, which my RE has approved, is Elavil, but unfortunately that just doesn't do it. I also take Prozac for the anxiety, which I know many people take during pregnancy and have for years. My psychiatrist put me on that drug specifically while TTC b/c he claimed it was the safest choice. Of course my RE has a huge problem with that for whatever reason, claiming *she* has the *latest* data on these things. Um, okay.
I obviously don't want to take anything that could harm my growing baby, but I also have done enough research to know that anxiety/stress and insomnia are NOT good for pregnancy. So quite the insomnia going on around here, and I must say, I will welcome the extreme fatigue that is no doubt heading my way; maybe it will help me sleep!
4 comments:
Yay for symptoms! It's really real :)
CONGRATS. Beef jerky at 10am sounds like a craving to me...
Hope the insomnia decreases as your pregnancy symptoms increase!
Lol beef jerky! Def prego symptom there. Did you sleep better last night?
Thanks for your comment, it's good to know other people don't think I'm crazy. ;)
Jerkey! At 10am???? Total craving for sure!!! Haha!
I hope that your Dr.'s are able to find the right meds combo for you to maintain your anxiety levels during your pregnancy.
My hubby was on Klonopin for yrs too:)
Is it safe to take Tylenol PM during pregnancy? I think it is ...
maybe your RE would find that as a suitable substitution.
GL!
Post a Comment