Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend

My mom and I went to Target and Babies R Us today to finish registering. Man, I'm pretty glad to have that project behind me now! I found a registry checklist in a parenting magazine. I showed it to my friend who has a 2.5 year old, and from there I felt like I had a pretty good master list. It's quite a task, and we already do have some essentials like a crib, changing table, Jumperoo, etc. It's kind of exhausting to wrap my head around ALL thing things that we COULD need to get our home ready. I realize you certainly don't need everything, but it seems most things really do have a purpose. I think it's going to make our house seem so small once it's filled with all these things after my shower. Yikes. I would have been really clueless without reading that list and having my friend to rely on!

So I promise I will try to take pictures of some of the "finer" items from the bins. So far I have set aside some doozies. Particularly lovely is the denim bib overall/skirt thing (what do you even call that??)

I can't believe I'm starting my 3rd trimester! At the same time it feels like I have been pregnant f o r e v e r! I think the beginning seems so long ago b/c it was WARM here then. It's clearly not warm here now, although Spring is certainly in the air. I can't wait until the snow is gone gone gone.

3 comments:

quadmom said...

I know what you mean about feeling like you've been pregnant forever. It hits me every time I have to awkwardly put on pants or take way too long to get up out of a chair or pee for the 100th time. It is HARD work, and having a normal body back will be awesome. But it will all be worth it!

Looking forward to the pics! I could use a good laugh! =)

Congrats on reaching the 3rd trimester and on completing your registry!

Anonymous said...

Glad that you finished registering! I know that process must have been long and daunting. I can't wait to see what you get at your shower.

And I'm really looking forward to these pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for the 3rd trimester! And good job on the registry! I know I would have no clue on what to put on there.

I can't wait to see the crazy outfts. I can't believe how many clothes your co-workers brought you. I hope you can give some of it back now and you don't have to store the ugly ones. ;)