So. I had my 6 week follow appt today. It would seem Liam did a number on me, and for such a little guy, he sure left a big, um, mark. My tear is not yet healed. There is a still a spot (sorry for too much TMI), that remains "unattached". She put some numbing gel on me today, and than used cauterizing liquid of some sort to get things stuck back together. (that is my obviously non-medical synopsis of the situation). It stung. It's sore again tonight. *sigh* She also wants me to use topical estrogen cream to promote healing down there. Evidently hormone levels play a role in this process. I am also starting back on BC pills tonight, which was my birth control of choice for years. She said the estrogen in the pills will also be helpful. Do I actually need birth control? Most likely not. Especially since I am not cleared for any hanky panky yet. But hey, if it will help, then bring on the pills.
But the BIGGER issue at hand, or butt as the case may be, are my hemorrhoids. They are not going away. And as a bonus for me, they are internal AND external! My doctor is suggesting SURGERY for me. Oh my dear lord. She admitted this surgery is not pleasant in any way, shape or form. She said we need to think seriously about whether we plan to have more kids, as she really doesn't want me to have to go through it more than once. I have another appt in 3 weeks to follow up on this issue. Well, good lord. We actually didn't intend to have more kids, but of course we aren't 100% certain on that, nor do I want to have to be at this point! Obviously having the surgery would not be like having my tubes tied, but after reading some online account from others who have had it, YIKES and more yikes. I can see why Dr. H suggested it best be done only once. Does anyone know someone who has had that done?
Seriously, I am a mess! She said she doesn't think the 'roids will heal on their own. They are causing me to be a bit "incontinent" down there. *ahem*. More TMI. Sorry! I am like a walking delivery horror story from a 6.11 lb baby. I have no idea why he caused such a ruckus on his way out! I can only hope things heal on their own.
4 comments:
OMG Jenn, you poor thing. I am sorry you're going through all of this. =( I really hope you can avoid the surgery. And you JUST had a baby, I can't believe they want you to make decisions about MORE babies right now. Craziness!! I hope the cauterizing helps, too.
Not sure if you're nursing or not, but my doc put me on a progesterone only BCP til I stop pumping. He said I couldn't be on the regular pill if the babies were getting breast milk. I'm sure this is just me being repetitive but I wanted to throw that out there just on the off-chance that it's new info to you. It was definitely news to me, I had no idea.
*hugs* hang in there!!
The only person I've known to have this surgery was my mom, and of course, I didn't ask for details. ;P I do know that she had it done after having me (her last child), but I don't know how long she suffered before that.
Sorry that you're suffering with it. =(
Oh no! I am so sorry. As if IF isn't shitty enough, you have these dreadful after effects. I hope things heal on their own...and quickly!
I am soooo very sorry about the pain and discomfort:(
I friend of mine had major hemorrhoid problems, and needed surgery. As far as I recall, the laser procedure was not huge deal.
Well, I hope the hormones will expedite your healing the way the docs expect it and you will get better very soon!
(((HUGS)))
Post a Comment