Liam turned 9 months old today! Yes, time is going quickly. As a friend pointed out, he's now been around as long as he was in utero! Kind of weird to think of it that way. (Although I know he was in there technically longer than 9 months).
At this moment he is supposed to be napping in his crib, but I can hear him in there making noises. It's not quite fussing/crying, but not quite happy sounds either. I think he is fighting the sleep! He has a pretty hard time napping at daycare; he is too easily distracted, apparently. It is a really good day if they get an hour stretch from him; usually it's more like 20 minutes at a time, maybe 3 times a day. So needless to say, he is usually overtired and crabby in the evenings. D and I both feel guilty for being relieved to put him to bed at 7 (his bedtime) some nights. But when nothing entertains him or makes him happy, it seems to be best for everyone when he just gets the sleep he so desperately needs!
It's usually a little better on the weekends, but he still isn't a good napper, and he never has been. I keep hoping that if I just put him in his crib when he acts tired, he will magically sleep for 2 hours in there! Still waiting.....

6 comments:
Awe, he's so cute!
Adorable picture Jen! Kaitlin sleeps like crap at daycare as well. Same thing, 2-3 30 minute naps. There is just too much happening to get good rest, I guess. Weekends leave us crippled at naptime because she won't nap in her crib at home. Yes, she'll sleep 10 hour stretches at night. But naps? Those are out of the question. These kids, they are funny creatures for sure.
Oh, he is just so cute! I love him!
So cute!! Happy 9 months!! LD doesn't nap at all either. I thought it was a phase but it hasn't resolved so I guess not.
Aw happy 9 months! That is frustrating that he doesn't nap well at daycare, especially since it is out of your control. Hopefully he will get better soon!
wow, 9 months!! What a cutie :)
Post a Comment