Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Shorty

Liam had his 9 month appointment today.  He is 20 lbs even, which is the 39th percentile.  He is 27" long, which is the 10th percentile!  (Shrimp!)  Also, his head is the 64th percentile.

We had to fill out a form regarding his development in various areas-gross motor skills, fine motor skills, etc.  We had to say whether he always does certain things, sometimes, or not yet.  Examples are picking up a Cheerio, standing holding onto something, saying certain words, etc.  There weren't a whole lot of items on the form that he hasn't yet done, but he doesn't yet pull himself up to stand, and he does not yet crawl.  Evidently crawling is the only area they feel he is every so slightly "behind" in.   The doc said some babies never really "get it" though.  I think he might be in the camp.   He just wants to stand!  He's on to bigger and better things, evidently.

At 9 months, he loves to eat Puffs and Mum Mums (anything he can feed himself), and he's starting to like cartoons on Nick, Jr.  Or at least we think he likes them!  He can wave, clap, say mama, and bye bye, and dada kind of.  He also loves to take Jack's toy away from him.  So far Jack is a good sport about that!

Although we're past the reflux/"colic" stage, he is still in general a somewhat fussy baby, which sucks.  The Dr said today that is just the personality some babies have, and he will likely outgrow it.  Here's hoping!

And also, I encountered the largest poopsplosion EVER!  He was on Augmentin (antibiotics) for 10 days for his pre-pneumonia Evil Crud, and it gave him some wicked diarrhea, as we were warned about.  One morning it was so bad I had to CUT his onesie off of him and throw it away.  There was no way I was pulling that bad boy over his head.  I was kind of proud of what a large deuce that was!  What a big boy!

6 comments:

Kari said...

LOVE the photo!! He's so handsome!! Reassuring that he's right on track. Congratulations!!

manymanymoons said...

Cut the onesie off huh...can I assume you didn't put that proud mama creation on the fridge? :)

Alison said...

I can't believe he is 9 months! What a big boy! He is too cute. Sorry about the messy poops! I would have cut it off, too!

Anonymous said...

He's so cute! Glad everything is going well with him =)

quadmom said...

I just love his hair! I am jealous, even Ethan's hair can't compare and the rest of mine are so bald. Alas. Sounds like he is doing really well. I hope the fussiness stops soon. The poop explosion reminds me of when all 4 of mine had a GI bug a while back. I was up to my elbows in poop lol. So gross!!

Anonymous said...

omg, those cheeks! so delicious!