Sunday, January 22, 2012

Winter Fun

You guys, I have no idea what to do with this blog. I don't feel like I'm ready to hang it up, but man, it's been awhile since I had anything meaningful to say.  Some might argue I've never had anything meaningful to say :)

Here's a picture of L sledding for the first time today.  We finally have snow.  I couldn't be more thrilled.  Insert sarcasm.   Seriously, though some people in these parts were seriously bummed it wasn't here before.  Weirdos!
L is doing pretty well these days.  Talking up a storm and no doubt feeling less frustrated as a result.  I gauge this by the lesser amount of needless tantrums we've been experiencing as of late.  Well, ALL tantrums are needles IMO, but some are outright ridiculous, amirite??!!   He and I just returned from a successful grocery shopping trip, where he didn't utter a peep the entire time and dare I say acted like a respectable member of society!  I think we are making progress.   For whatever reason, he has taken to saying "Whoah, baby!"      Hah.

In less positive news, I just learned that I will be getting laid off effective March 2nd.   *SIGH*.  No idea what I am going to do.  Look for a new job, I guess.   Not sure what I want to do with myself though.  I guess now is as good of time as any to figure it out.  D wants L to keep going to daycare, as he (and I ) both feel the socialization he receives there outweighs any "benefits" he would have to just being home with me.   I guess we'll see though, obviously if I can't find a new job after quite awhile, we won't really be able to afford full-time daycare while I sit at home and twiddle my thumbs.    He has a new FEMALE buddy name Peyton there now.  He calls her "Pey-pey".   Awe.....

3 comments:

Kari said...

Good to hear from you. Sorry about the job loss. :( Hoping you find something you're interested in quickly!! Love the pics of sledding!! He looks like he's having a blast!!

Unknown said...

That sucks about your job. :( Damn economy! Hope you figure out a solution soon. :)

erika said...

Crap for the job situation:( I am in similar shoes here. In the middle of a job hunt. My lab ran out of funds, my last day was Dec 31st. Wishing both of us better luck.
Hope you will find something great very soon!

***
He loves the snow! so fun:)