Thursday, July 19, 2012

24 Weeks

Picture taken yesterday in my lovely bathroom at work.  

Not much new to report.  My carpal tunnel is out of control bad though. It's just getting worse and worse.  I have my first Occupational Therapy appt today.  Even though I have a different HMO now, I got approval to see my same OT as last time, so hopefully that will be good in that she will remember I dealt with this crap before.  This time it's much worse though, and much sooner in the pregnancy.  It's keeping me up at night with shooting pains in my arm/hand/wrist, despite wearing my trusty wrist braces to bed.  In the morning when I get up, my right hand and fingers are so numb and achy I can hardly function to get myself ready.  It's starting to become a real drag, and I fear there is not much that can be done. And last time it stuck around post-partum as long as it was here anti-partum. So that is super.   As I sit here at my computer today, I can confirm that typing and using my mouse most definitely are not helping the situation.  There is little I can do about that though.  Seems a bit ironic that carpal tunnel during pregnancy is caused by all the extra fluid, yet my Baby A is low on fluid. Can't it just shift to her?  My wrists sure as shit don't need it!!

So I am exhausted and feel somewhat crippled.   I have also gained 30 lbs. EEEEK.   That is how my body does pregnancy though.  This mama packs it on!  I can officially say I am ready for this to be over, and I have a long way to go!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I hear you. I feel like I am starting to get kind of depressed over all the physical stuff I've been dealing with already this pregnancy. I just want to cry. And I want it to be over, but it's nowhere near over. It really is depressing.