So I had (another) ultrasound today, and both babies are over a pound now and measuring right on track. However, it was noted by the MFM Dr. who reads my scans that Baby A (the girl)'s fluid levels are on the very low end of normal. The fluid level is evidently supposed to be from 5-25 (mL?), and hers is only 5.8. Since it IS still within the normal range, and her growth is right on track, he is not overly concerned at this point, but I do have to go back for another u/s in 2 weeks rather than 4. Always some drama, seriously. I don't truly know how concerned I should be about this. He said not to lose any sleep over it, and that fluid levels can vary from day to day.
Speaking of drama, my dogs managed to corner an opossum next to our deck at 11:00 last night while barking their fool heads off. We have a privacy fenced-in yard, so how the thing even got in there is beyond me. It was quite the spectacle though. Rather than in a peaceful slumber, I hauled my tired ass out of bed to try to assist D in figuring how exactly what they hell we were supposed to do! We couldn't get Jack to back away from it and come into the house. He was completely frenzied. So I had to open our garage door, run around the side of our house (in the pitch blackness, and in my PJs) and find the pooper scooper bucket that we keep there. I ran it back to D, who had somehow managed to procure a PITCHFORK. He had me hold the flashlight over his shoulder while he dangled the pitchfork over the side of the deck and STABBED the opossum. Then I had to run down onto the grass and haul Jack into the house. Finally our neighbors came outside, not because they heard all the barking and ruckus, which is insane b/c it was SO LOUD, but b/c they noticed our patio light on, and saw ME on the deck. Seeing ME outside and not in bed at 11:15pm was enough to alarm them! So Mark helped D scoop it into the bucket and carry it behind our fence to dump in the woods. The thing had been stabbed through its mouth and eye. Poor fella, RIP. This morning, D went to just check out the "dumping" spot, and it was GONE. Was it playing opossum that convincingly, or did some other animal haul it away? One will never know.
5 comments:
Oh my gosh that is crazy! I can't imagine stabbing it with a pitchfork (must be a gross noise/feeling), but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do!
I will be praying all is well with your little girl. I have heard that fluid levels can change a lot, so hopefully it isn't anything to worry about. Still, it must be frustrating to have to wait 2 weeks to find out!
I remember being excited when the babies hit 1 pound+ ... of course, the flip side is they pack on the weight now, too, so things get pretty crowded in there! :)
Ob my goodness he stabbed the possum with a pitchfork?! Sick! lol
Have you asked if there's anything you can do to increase fluid levels? I know I've read that the more hydrated you are, the higher your fluid levels should be (of course, it's not guaranteed).
Hopefully everything will be fine in 2 weeks!
Drink, drink, drink!! :)
Did I really just read about a opossum face stabbing? That is the most random thing I saw today, hands down. Thanks for that. :) Hope those fluid levels go back up. And babies gettin' big!
I had low fluid at the end of my pregnancy with L and it did fluctuate from day to day. My MFM's orders at the time were just to drink a lot and rest. And of course the measurements can vary just based on what shots they are able to get to measure the fluid levels on u/s. I would imagine that issue is only compounded with twins.
Oh dogs, that possum story is disgusting. You make me super excited to move to our new house that backs up to woods, filled with all manner of creatures my dogs would love to stalk down.
Post a Comment