Monday, December 10, 2012

Hi Ho....

Back to work I go.

In fact, I am at work now.  Working hard, as you can see.

Of note:
  1. I have spent way less time in the bathroom today than when here previously.
  2. I have not taken nor had the urge to take a belly picture in said bathroom.
  3. My belly does not touch my desk.
  4. I am wearing normal shoes (boots even!) AND my wedding ring.
  5. It was very hot outside when I was last here; now it's snowing.
  6. I am still really tired.
  7. It feels like I never left.  Not sure if that's a good thing.
  8. I wrote out a daycare check for $570 today for this *week*.
  9. We still need our night nanny even though we REALLY can't afford her now.
  10. Both babies are fussy and they need to GET HAPPY already!

And that's about it for now!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Holy Hannah, woman! $570 a week?!?! If I had gone back to my job and paid that for daycare, in one month I would have cleared enough money to pay for one WEEK of groceries. Except that I'd be using that for gas money instead. So I'd be working just to pay for daycare.

Holy crap.

Hopefully your kids get happy soon. They are gestationally several weeks behind Isaiah, so I'm sure it's coming soon!

I'm sure that if we attempted to put Isaiah in a bouncy chair, swing, playmat, etc. whenever I had to use my hands for something, I'd still be labeling him as a fussy baby. He has definitely improved with age, but the constant babywearing is an enormous factor in his level of content-ness. It's not like he suddenly became the opposite of himself. I just found ways to work with his personality and bring out the best side of him. Obviously this is harder to do when you have twins... but I'm sure everyone will find their groove soon!

Anonymous said...

GAH. That daycare check scares me.

Welcome back to the working world!

Amber said...

Wow!!! That's a big check for day care!! I loved the list... That made me laugh.
I am dreading the new year bc it means heading back to work for me. I hope your first week went well!!
Yeah!!! Fellow Wisco girl! I'm watching the pack right now. I lived in Watertown. Small town but not too far from madtown. Love that place!!