Thursday, January 31, 2013

Fruit Salad

Ha, just had to share this.

So Jude's virus is indeed RSV.  Even after he received 2 doses of RSV "immuno-globin" (probably spelling that wrong) for RSV for being a preemie.  We sent him to daycare on Tuesday after I stayed home with him on Monday and he seemed good. I was at a seminar on Tuesday morning, and I got The Call from daycare that he was having a hard time breathing and I needed to get him ASAP.  He had just been to Urgent Care on Sunday, but back to Urgent Care we went. This time they could hear wheezing in his lungs.  They swabbed him for RSV and gave us a nebulizer.  They kept checking his oxygen levels, which were hovering around 90.  They talked of admitting him.  They finally sent us home with an appt the next morning with his regular doctor.  So yesterday we saw her, and she basically acted like they had overreacted, b/c he "looked great". And she doesn't like to use the pulse-ox test on infants, since she said it's hard to be accurate on their tiny toes.  She said she could clearly see he wasn't having trouble breathing, certainly not compared to other babies with RSV.  Well, today he's puking!  Still no fever though. He's just all congested, coughing and miserable. He has to sleep in his carseat or swing.  So I've been pretty much home with him all week. And we are cooped up with a ton of snow and single-digit temps.  It's pretty fun.  No, it's not.

And Liam has decided that this week would be a really good time to start having RIDICULOUS tantrums again.  Not that they ever stopped, but they had definitely gotten better now that he can speak in complete sentences.  He has also been under the weather with probably a toddler version of RSV, so I'm sure that isn't helping a thing, but good lord.  Yesterday D went to pick up L and Olive earlier than usual due to the weather, and Liam proceeded to freak the fuck out.  Major meltdown of epic proportions. D had to carry him out of daycare under his arm, with no coat on, in the snow.  Not sure if it got him all out of whack that he was still in his regular classroom with his regular teacher when D got there, instead of with the assistant teacher after his regular one leaves, and in the other room combined with the older kids.  Not that that's any excuse for his redic behavior.   Pretty glad it wasn't me picking them up is what I'm saying.  

So yeah, wine for dinner is what I'm also saying.

Wind chills 30 degrees below zero tonight.  Winter in WI is a dirty whore.

6 comments:

Kari said...

Oh gawd. Huge hugs. And indulge in the wine. LD has bronciolitis(AKA toddler RSV) a year ago. We spent the night in the hospital. I can't imagine a tinier baby with RSV. That would be scary. Here's hoping it stays confined to poor Jude and he feels better quickly!!

Unknown said...

Oh sweet bejeevies. That sounds firkin horrible. Except for the wine for dinner part. THAT sounds heavenly

Melissa said...

Oh gosh! Sorry!! Our toddler and 10 month old are just getting over RSV. SO not fun!! Good luck and yes, wine for dinner is totally acceptable. I mean, it's grapes right?

Amber said...

It sounds like you've had a hell of a week!! I hope you went for seconds and thirds on that wine! You certainly deserve it. The stories of Liam are scarring me about the terrible two stage...ahhh!! I hope the babies are feeling better soon!

Jules said...

This calls for a "putting my mouth to the spout of the box of wine" moment! Yes, the temps have been sucking so bad in Chicago too. Good riddance January! So sorry to hear about poor Jude and happy to hear he didn't have to be admitted.

Sally said...

HA! I am having.....grapes.....for dinner right now!!

What a week. You need a glass of wine. Enjoy it.

No clue how come you couldn't follow my blog earlier.....?? Technology...!