Does anyone really care about other people's babies' heights and weights? I don't know. Probably not, but here they are anyway!
Jude: 17.9 lbs. 25.5". He officially weighs more and is longer than Liam was at 6 months. Our little bruiser preemie!
Olive is following steadily behind at 14.2 lbs and 24.5". Not sure why she isn't gaining weight as quickly as he, since she LOVES solid food and would just eat and eat if we kept feeding her, and Jude still spits up a fair amount. Just maintaining her girlish figure, I suppose. They aren't concerned about her weight, so I won't be either!
She is still going to PT for her torticollis, but she is making progress in strength and range of motion. Unfortunately it's really not helping her head shape much. At her appt today, her dr said she *really* doesn't think it's going to be an issue. But we told her of our story with Liam getting a helmet at 10 months of age, and that if we ARE going to need it, we don't want to wait until that late in the game. So she did write the referral to Neurosurgery to see what he thinks. She said he historically isn't a big fan of the Doc bands though, so she would be surprised if he thinks she needs one. I will feel better having another opinion though, as her head is definitely lopsided. She suggested putting something on the side of her crib to get her to look that way more often. That is a good idea, and now I just need to find/make something. Is there a thing like mobiles for the side instead of up above? One would think I could just google that. I have been actually busy at work lately (shocking!), and that is drastically cutting down on my random internet time!
Not much else to report. We keep getting tiny peeks of spring, but then it goes back to this same cold, dreary crap. I have gotten the babies out for 2 stroller walks in the last couple of weeks though, so there is hope I guess! It's just taking a damn long time this year.
Liam has been having a lot of potty accidents lately, and we're not sure why. Maybe just normal regression, maybe trying for attention, who knows. He was such a rock star when he first became trained that it's disheartening to seemingly be back to square one at times, but what can you do. Hopefully it's just a phase he will move past. He didn't have an accident today for the first day in about a week, so that's a start!
I think I just bored myself with this post! Yowza.
6 comments:
Have you seen those crib "aquariums" that attach to the side of the crib? We didn't have one but I remember seeing them and thinking they were kinda cool. And baby stats, ya know, it's part of the process. ;) I always like to hear how the ill ones are doing, especially preemies so I can cheer on their chunkiness. ;)
Holy crap, Jude is bulking up! Yeah! Alec and Des are more the weight of dainty Olive right now. :-P It's been a real change of mindset for me to be worried they are UNDERweight, when my whole life I've had to worry about ME being OVERweight. I hear ya on the shitty weather. It sucks. So why is your doctor so against Doc bands? It's been only a month and already I see huge improvements in the boys' heads. I can understand why you'd want to get on it sooner than later with Liam's experience. Why not just go for a free consult at Cranial Tech?
The babies are doing excellent! I am glad to hear the doc is not concerned about Olive's condition and I am hoping you will find tricks to hep her correcting it naturally. That would be great!
We have couple items - they make music and some moves - they attach to the side: look up 'Ocean Wonders'. I would be happy to pass it on if interested - driving in from Verona every morning.
I like the stats! Jude is packing on the oz's! I hope the consult goes well and you don't need a doc band. Those things just seem like a pain and one more reason for people to stare at you in public. I try to avoid eye contact...we're like a freak show. They are twins. It's not that exciting!! Anyway, I hope Liam gets back on track! I hope the sleeping is going well. Ella has been a mess on and off and I want to pull out my hair a lot...
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Rainforest-Waterfall-Peek-a-Boo-Soother/dp/B000JIMVV4/ref=pd_sim_t_6
Maybe something like that for the side of the crib?? I'm thinking about getting one for Mace because I think he gets bored when he wakes up....and maybe he would just sit and play for a bit before I'm ready to go get him.
Jude is getting big! Mace is in the 15% for height at his 9 month we just went to this wk.....27.5".....but he's a tubbo at 22 lbs. Gotta even him out a bit.
I was going to mention the crib aquarium things, too!
Post a Comment