So I took Olive to her appt with the Neurosurgeon yesterday to see about her head shape, where I learned that.....her appt was on THURSDAY. *SIGH* The doctor isn't even there on Fridays. Awesome. I am normally quite good with dates and appointments and such. I have no idea what happened. I think it's called Chronic Lack of Sleep. I mean, the babies are actually sleeping quite well and mainly through the night each night, but yet somehow I am still so. fucking. tired. (Hello MS!), but really, I know everyone with little kids/babies feels this way. "Through the night" is a loose term that could mean waking at 5:45 and then working at my office job all day to come home and referee the circus for a few hours before doing it all over again. Whee! And jobs, man. I think mine is just getting busier and more stressful, and even with Wednesdays off, I feel like my head is spinning lately. Having a management position in a small company isn't my thing these days. It's too visible of a role. I am missing the very large HR team of my last job whereI could blend into the cracks more, I guess. I know I'm lucky to have job I can work four days/week that allows me to run errands or work out at lunch AND leave at 4:30 each day, but dude. I have to be on top of Healthcare Reform laws and shit! Mommy is too tired. Ain't nobody got time for that :)
So let's talk about poop. Olive is the master of the whole poop up the back skill. HOW does that happen? I don't understand the physics behind her having poop on her shoulder. Liam never did that. Jude doesn't do that. It it a girl thing? It's SO GROSS.
And while Liam now poops in the potty on the regular and has very few accidents anymore, I feel like all we do is scold him. What was I saying about wanting my babies to grow into cool little people??! He is just so rough with the babies; sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, it would seem, but seriously, can he just listen??? I have no idea what is normal for boys this age in the not listening department and what is him just being a naughty asshole. Yes, I just called my toddler (preschooler?) an asshole. Because that is what it feels like we're up against many days! PUT YOUR LISTENING EARS ON!! DO NOT SIT ON JUDE.
And I just started year 2 of swimming lessons with him. The first round of classes (winter 2012) went fine. He was by no means the bravest one in the class, but he did alright. He has since been swimming either at a water park or a pool probably 5 or 6 times. All enjoyable experiences had by all. Again, not the bravest boy (with anything), but no issues. I didn't think there was a chance in hell he would handle the class without me in the water with him this year though, so we are essentially in the same exact class we did last year. This time we are at the local YMCA rather than the high school, but same set up. This time though, he's suddenly SO SCARED. Like Stage Five Clinger! He screamed his way through the first class and acted like I was forcing him, had never seen water before, etc. It was terrible. Huge scene. This last week, I had to talk it up for the whole week and bribe him with an ice cream cone if he did "well". It took like 10 minutes to convince him to even get in the water, and then he clung to me for dear life and wouldn't actually DO anything, but there were no tears. Progress, I guess. Does anyone have experience with this? Is he scared now because he's just more aware? I mean, the last time he went swimming was like a MONTH ago at a hotel in town with his cousins. I get that the pool at the Y is no fancy hotel water park pool, but STILL. No one is asking anything scary of him. This is the class with the babies in it! We sing songs and blow bubbles! What the EFF.
Happy Mother's Day, y'all, whether you have fur babies or human babies or a big ol combo of the two....
3 comments:
No poop up the back experience here. I always assumed it was because we cloth diapered, but it sounds like it could be a boys vs girls difference. Hope it stops soon cuz that does not sound fun.
Um yeah our L does NOT listen either. He acts like he is. He acknowledges what you say and repeats it back, but damn it all to hell if he doesn't turn around and again do whatever it is that you both agreed he shouldn't be doing 5 minutes(usually less) later.
Happy Mother's Day!!
My little boy (6 months) poops up the back all the time. So ridiculous, no idea how it happens. It happens from all different positions too, seated, held, laying, nursing. When it was happening around 2 months old we moved up to the next size diaper (was always a good indicator with my daughter (yep, she did it too, but not as often) that she was ready for the next size). That helped for a few weeks but then was happening all the time again & unfortunately the next size up was just too big. Maybe that will help you!
I taught swimming in McFarland for 4-5 yrs (awesome pool director there btw, not sure side of Madison you're on). It's very common for toddlers to regress in terms of being comfortable in the water. You are right that it's an awareness thing as they get older. Just keep going & working with him. Open swim (or hotels, etc) are great too, more play time. Good luck!
I was the assistant manager at a pool when I was in HS and college.....I never taught the tiny baby classes....the ones with parents too.....but I did teach three-year-old classes sometimes......we definitely saw regression with those kids. Even from day to day.....like yesterday life was good, go down the water slide with the lifeguard, etc etc......today not even get in the pool. Hang in there!! He will be a little fish before you know it. xo
Post a Comment