Hey all, just thought I would share a few pics from our recent family session. You know, the one where NO ONE cried! The pictures really create this illusion that we are all pretty happy, hanging out in a field of flowers, even. Oh, how I wish! I do think, however, that things in general are getting easier little by little. I can't help but wonder how it will be when they are all old enough to fight with each other though! Play together, yes, that too. But fight together? I'm skeered!
The things Liam says lately are hilarious and blow my mind at times, (Today we were at Target, and I started loading things onto the belt while the person ahead was paying, and he said "Mom, you have to wait, that man is paying". Ha), but overall, I don't think we have been in the "3's" long enough yet for me to get a real accurate opinion of it. Something new he just started, TODAY, actually, is lying. And they are naughty lies (not in the funny and blowing my mind category at all). I scolded him about something, and he proceed to go tell D that I BIT him. WTF?! Then later when D was scolding him for something, he came and told me that D bit him. I know they have some biters in his class since we have gotten the reports that he's been bitten several times, so I don't doubt that the kids are starting to learn to tattle on each other and then noticing the consequences. He has just moved into the 3-year-old room and several of the kids are older than he. But man, the "I don't want to" verbal skills coupled with the same old tantrums takes things to a whole new level! All in all, I think 3 is okay, but he certainly gets a kick out of pushing our buttons and/or ignoring us. THAT has to change!
The babies turned 9 months last week! Jude weighs a good 22 lbs-it seriously like hauling around a side of beef (as if I know what that feels like). Olive is still watching her figure and maybe weighs 17 lbs. They both sleep through the night, but she is definitely our happy child. Jude is much more similar to the temperament Liam had at this age---crabby. At least one of them is happy, right?!!
Of of my favorite new bands is Family of the Year, hence the title of this post. Didn't want anyone to think I was suggesting we were! Ha.
D and I just returned from a much-needed getaway to sunny California. It was pretty glorious. Back to reality!





4 comments:
These are some lovely photos of you and your family. So glad you shared them with us!
That's great that you and your husband had a getaway together! My husband is always telling me he'd love to have a weekend away, just the two of us. :-)
P.S. How can your twins be 9 months already?!
You are ROCKING that dress, Jen! Glad you got some much needed time off in Cali.
AWESOME PICS....and Jude....those cheeks!!! His face in that second to last pic!!
These are such great pics and you all look fab! Cutest fam ever.
Love these! What a beautiful family :)
Post a Comment