Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Summertime

So I really have nothing of note to write about other than summer seems to be finally here (Thankthelordsweetjesusabouttime), but you know, it was 50 ten days ago, so who knows!  But we play outside a lot!  We take stroller rides.  It's glorious.

It's making me rethink this whole JOB thing I have.  I have NEVER had the urge to be home with kids before!  And I don't have the urge to be home with all 3 of them, as I cannot handle it, do not want to, etc.  Just the babies.....  I don't know where this is coming from, other than juggling it all (even working just 4 days/week) is stressing me out, and office jobs kind of blow, amirite?   When I get shit at work, I think "I don't need this!"
 But would I wish to be home with them in the dead of winter?  I don't know.  In any case, we really can't afford to lose my income AND pay for 1 in daycare.  We would be really, really broke.  And I think it would be really ludicrous to *make* Liam go to "school" while the babies "get" to stay home with me.  I am guessing that is how he would view it, and I don't blame him, I'm pretty awesome to be around.  Ha.  Kidding.  But I would go OFF the deep-end with all 3 of them every day, this I know.  Hopefully it will all make sense in my head again soon, and I will realize I likely just have Summer Fever or something.  

So I'll leave you with some pics.  D and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on Sunday, and my MIL and 2 nieces came to watch the troops so we could go out to eat.  It was glorious; it had been awhile. We each had 3 drinks. On a Sunday night.  Oops.

We also had family pictures taken (outside) on Saturday morning, and NO ONE cried!  It's a miracle! Can't wait to see them.

    Pre-dinner
Post-dinner on State Street near the capital.  Sure, I'll have a beer.  Why not?

Hanging out on the neighbor's deck!

Cheers!








3 comments:

addingtothepack said...

Well , I will confess that I daydream about going back to work AND L goes to "school" three days a week (9:30-4:30), spends another with TFO's parents and (so far) I have always lined up help with AT LEAST lunch/nap time on the fifth day. No way could I stay home with all three all day every day by myself without losing my mind. I would not be a good parent if that was the case. I do feel guilty that L is always the one "getting the boot" during the day. I am hoping that once the twins get a little older that they can go to TFO's parents house and I can spend the day with just L.

Cute date photos!

Jules said...

On days like yesterday that are sunny and warm and the air just smells like fresh lilacs it is a CRIME for ANYONE to be stuck inside an office. Now that my boys are getting old enough to do interesting things like swim, crawl, etc. I am also feeling the pangs of guilt when I bring them to Bubbe's house each morning. But really only the sunny and warm mornings. The rainy mornings I'm like, "SEE YA!!! I'M OUT!" Spending a whole day with them indoors is not so much fun. So I really think it's because there are so many more fun things to do when you can be OUTSIDE.

Sally said...

Love these pics! Esp that striped dress.

I hear you on the I-wanna-work-no-I-don't-I-need-to-be-self-employed-so-I-can-do-whatever-the-hell-I-want front. Teaching sort of gives me the best of both worlds. Although Mace is at daycare right now. HA!!

Can't wait to see some fam pics.