Tuesday, July 30, 2013

We Survived 10 Months

Well, we survived 10 months as a family of 5!   And yes, that is a beer bottle behind Olive.  See again: family of 5. (And no, it's not hers; she is watching her figure and prefers light beer).

Olive and Jude are doing pretty well.  She weighs about 17.2 and he 22.9!   Major difference.  They are both a little delayed (I think) in most areas, likely from being premature, but who knows.   Jude can kind of crawl now, but it's a weird hybrid of rolling, stretching, rocking, and dragging!   Olive doesn't even try, but she does roll a lot.  She does better with fine motor skills and can easily drink a bottle totally by herself and also can clap!   Jude does neither.   And evidently they are quite comfotred by each others' company.   D had the boys on Sunday and I had Olive with me, and she was strangely fussy all day and wouldn't let me out of her sight for a second.  As soon as Jude and Liam got home though, she was happy as a clam.  I guess she and Jude haven't really spent any time apart, so she was probably totally freaked out all day!

Liam continues to be hella challenging at least 50% of the time, and it's so hard to keep up with his ever-changing moods.  One minute he will tell the babies he loves them, and the next minute he has jumped up, ran into his room and is wailing about something.  Half the time we can't even figure out what set him off.  Or he will wake up in a mood.  So that makes getting ready in the morning an extra-special family bonding experience in every way.  See again: beer. (No, not in the  mornings, that is time to mainline coffee!)  But now that Jude is no longer in an infant car seat but Olive still is, it's not a pretty sight for either D or I to pick up and/or drop them all off at daycare by ourselves. (Mainly me b/c I am a weakling). Trying to hold Jude the Chunk, carry Olive's seat, and keep Liam on track from the car to the door is awesome.  No, it's not.  I'm sure it's quite comical to witness actually.  I think other parents are seriously like "Oh lord, that poor mom!"   Some offer to help though, and I do take them up on it.  A lot of the time D and I do pick-up together, thankfully.   It's still a circus though!

Luckily everyone has been sleeping smashingly, and now that I've put that out there, it will likely cease. 

Happy end of July everyone!  Last weekend was 59 degrees here.  What.




9 comments:

Sally said...

Glad you are all getting some sleep! The twins are too cute....I'm sure they would be totally freaked being apart after spending all their time together.

I laughed at your description taking the kids to daycare! Does sound like a total circus. My bro and sis-in-law have four kids under age 6, so I have a glimpse of what all that entails. (And I'm like hell. no. I can barely take care of my one kid.....speaking of.....he's trying to go outside by himself.....)

Nice job out of you guys for wrangling all three of those cuties! Have another beer!

Jules said...

Beer. Beer. And more beer. Keep 'em coming. Oh jeez, 1 is in a convertible and 1 in a carrier still? I guess that's easier than both in convertibles since they are not walking yet? Girl, we need a mommy bitching club, or better yet a drinking/napping club.

Unknown said...

"Hella challenging" - I think that pretty much sums toddlers up. Jude is a CHUNK! They're doing great, and you're surviving. Keep it up, lady, only 17 years to go. ;)

S said...

Our twins are really different sizes, too. They went from being an ounce apart at birth to being about 7 lbs apart now at 18 months. Just two totally different builds.

They are cuties, and my hat is off to you for handling all that! :-)

quadmom said...

Oh my gosh, they just keep getting cuter and cuter (which is a fairly impossible task since they started off a maximum cuteness haha). You survived 10 months! Hallelujah!

Did I ever tell you I have a friend w/ triplets who doesn't drink? Every time I think of it it feels like some insane Rubik's cube I am trying to puzzle out: I. have. no. idea. how. she. does. that.

So, yes, beer. Or wine. Actually it was margaritas last night. hehe

quadmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
quadmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
quadmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
quadmom said...

apparently blogger thinks when I hit publish I mean x4. naturally.