Wednesday, November 18, 2009

We made it!

12 weeks. I thought this week would never get here! Not that anything is actually different this week, but it certainly does make me feel more comfortable to hit this "milestone". I don't really have anyone to "announce" it to besides Facebook (and I guess that is a lot!), but that isn't going to happen until after my appt next week. My co-workers all know, and I must say that I'm glad they do. They are all very supportive. As you can imagine, working in HR for a large healthcare company, my dept is like Baby Central, and after 3+ years there, I finally get to join the club! Everyone even passes around maternity clothes. Unfortunately there is someone else due in March who beat me to the goods, but she is going to pass things along as she grows out of them. So there are 3 of us currently knocked up, and they always joke that these things happen in 3's. I guess I am lucky #3!

Everyone at work gives me constant crap because I'm getting "fat". I am the health nut who who sits in my office eating fruit and string cheese and works out almost every day. They all think it's very amusing, mainly because they have all been there and they know I won't be thinner than them for long! But I do work hard at it because I LOVE to eat!

Speaking of eating, last night I got out of bed THREE times to eat, and completely drenched in sweat each time. These night sweats serisouly are getting old. The sheets get soaked, and I wake up all clammy and gross. It's so weird! Leave it to me to have the strangest symptoms.

7 comments:

AL said...

12 weeks, that is a huge milestone! Congrats! I hope the night sweats stop soon..that would get old fast

Marla said...

Congrats on reaching 12 weeks =D
I agree that it's a HUGE milestone, and you've made it! Yay!

Alison said...

Congratulations on 12 weeks! That is just awesome. I'm so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for 12 weeks! Time is flying by, isn't it?

quadmom said...

Ugh night sweats! Progesterone suppositories made me get those and I hated them. Luckily the injections are better.

Congrats on making it to 12 weeks!

Bug's Momma said...

Congratulations on reaching 12 weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the 2tri! Congratulations!!!