So I think I'm still getting used to this idea of going from being so extremely monitored during medicated TTC cycles to what I have now....which is pretty much no monitoring at all. You'd think that we would get even MORE monitoring once there is an actual growing fetus in there! I feel like I'm "going rogue". Heh. My MIL asked me yesterday "so everything is fine?" (referring to my most recent appt). And I said "yep!", and then I thought, "well, how would I know if it's not?" Not trying to be pessimistic, but seriously. My last appt lasted less than 10 minutes, and it was the first time I had been there in 4 weeks! Yes, she did hear the heartbeat, but there were no other tests, no labwork, etc. Again, with the RE, I was used to going every 3 days, or in some cases MORE than that! Obviously I realize the importance of that to prevent overstimulating, etc, I'm just trying to wrap my head about the absurdity of the way things work sometimes! No wonder why so many women who have dealt with IF and ART are overly anxious once we do get pregnant!
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I had 2 feasts to attend, and I'm thankful that they are now over. I've stuffed myself silly! My FIL made me laugh yesterday. He is normally VERY quiet. He doesn't say much at all, and when he does, he's a "low talker", so you can hardly hear him! When we walked in the house, he said to me "My, are you getting FAT!" really loudly from across the room! (he was joking). I will post pics soon, but the growing seems to have leveled off a bit lately, which I am also thankful for :)
We are putting up the Christmas decorations today. It's been so warm here, it hardly feels like the holiday season, but I would definitely NOT rather have cold and snow!
3 comments:
I am learning this already. I am dying for a 2nd beta ... I can't believe the 1st ultrasound isn't for a couple weeks yet. Are they kidding me??? What happened to every other day appointments? =) I feel like I will begin to relax after the next beta and then a hearing a heartbeat. Fingers crossed.
I am glad things are going so smoothly with you!! Looking forward to some pics of that growing belly! Grow baby grow!
The lack of appointments and checkups would be hard to get used to. I'm glad things are going smoothly so far and I hope they continue to. Can't wait to see a belly pic :-)
I hear you! I just found out I'm pregnant after a few medicated cycles with my RE, and now I have to wait WEEKS before an ultrasound or more bloodwork. Seems like it should be the other way around! I am just trying to convince myself I'm still preggo in the meantime :)
Post a Comment