Monday, April 19, 2010

34 Weeks, Good appt

So I had my appt today and everything went well. She was very encouraged to hear that I haven't had spotting in 10 or 11 days now.  I admitted that I *may* (ahem) have accompanied D to Home Depot on Saturday b/c he was getting tile for a blacksplash in the kitchen, and he really couldn't be trusted to pick out such a thing on his own :-0  I figured I would get a huge lecture about that, but she didn't seem upset nor surprised that I had gone there.  He did drop me off and pick me up at the door!   But after my little field trip, I did have more cramping Saturday night, in my back as well as lower abdomen. I came home, laid in bed with a heating pad, drank water, and they eventually went away.  Last night I had a similar occurrance, but today was pretty calm. She seemed more concerned about the spotting than the cramping.   She said the baby has dropped a bit, and that any low pain was probably a result of that.

Judging by what I learned from being in the hospital hooked up to the monitor, I do think my "cramps" are indeed contractions. But she seemed to think if they went away again, it wasn't too alarming.   So confusing sometimes!

So.  If I have another calm week at home this week, I can go back to work next week!  YAY!!!  I even offered to make it just 4 hour days, and she seemed to think that was an excellent idea.  She's even letting me go to an Indigo Girls concert Friday night!!!  It's what I got my BFF as a thank you for throwing my shower. She said if I got dropped off and picked up at the door, and if I sat at the concert, it should be fine.

And I can drive again!  Woo hoo.  So I'm just hoping that I can stay pregnant until my shower on 5/1.  After that, BRING IT ON!  Oh!  And also, I only gained ONE pound!  Explain that with bed rest, constant eating, and a huge belly!   She said I was probably losing muscle mass, but eh, whatever.

Today was the first time I had anything but sweats on in 2 weeks, so here it is!  Cardigan and tank are Mossimo from Target, and jeans are Old Navy maternity.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, you look adorable. You really are one incredibly fashionable pregnant lady! I'm so glad that things went well at the doctor and there haven't been any more spotting episodes. I hope the little one hangs in there for a couple more weeks until the shower is behind you. And I don't blame you for going to Home Depot. Men can't be trusted with missions like that. :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable as always :) I'm glad things are going well now :) Your LO has to make it 2 more weeks so you can have that shower, dangit!

I hope you get to go back to work for your sanity's sake.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are going well. I hope you make it to 5/1! Have fun at the concert and you look relly cute!

Alison said...

Glad things are going well and the restrictions continue to be lifted! Just a few more weeks! Hang in there!

erika said...

I am so glad everything seems to go back to order for you! I am also glad the Home Depot trip went easy for you, it's kind of reassuring;)
Fingers crossed for a very smooth and enjoyable week at home, and for the bedrest be over very soon! Yay!!!

I was just thinking, I have seen so many color combinations on you, and everything seems to suit you so well! You look so cute!

Nadine said...

fantastic pic! Just discovered your blog through L & F, and we are expecting twins (33weeks 3 days) via gs. Hope you hang in for May 1 (we're hoping for May too!).