So last night I was actually feeling pretty positive and patting myself on the back for having a relatively good attitude about being here. I felt really good for making a smart, responsible choice to stay here and be monitored. Yesterday went really quickly, and I didn't even get nearly as much actual work done as I was planning to do. My BFF came last night to bring me dinner, and we hung out and shopping online for a couple of hours. The night flew by. I felt like I was constantly on the phone or emailing/texting.
Today, however, is a completely different story, and I have no real idea why. I totally feel down and out. Maybe it's just the idea that it's Saturday, and it's nice and sunny out here again, so it REALLY sucks to be trapped in here. I actually got back to sleep after Dr. McDbag made his 6:30 appearance and didn't get up til 9! My dad and stepmom were stopping by on their way to the airport to say hi at 9:30. I felt so tired and crabby and not in the mood for visitors at all. It's really hard to feel like enteraining people in this tiny little room when I'm just lying here like a slug in sweats. Luckily they didn't stay too long. But then D and my MIL, SIL, and her 2 kids came. There is only 1 little couch/cot in here that barely seats 2 people. So everyone else has to stand around awkwardly. His mom is already the type of person who just sits there and stares at me, having nothing to say b/c we have nothing in common. Today she made me feel like an animal in the zoo! Ugh. She wants to come "keep me company" at home sometime next week. Seriously, I'd rather hurl myself out of the window right now. I will have to find a way to ensure she doesn't come.
The OT came by to give me some light (VERY, VERY light) exercises I can do to stretch my muscles, and to also go over some mental "coping" activities for being here. She said to make sure to brush off comments from people who say things like "wow, I wish I was on bedrest, must be so nice to just lie around and have people wait on you". She said people have no idea how hard and frustrating it is to be here, and how you're giving up your freedom completely without being able to control it. She said she knows how frustrating it is to physcially feel fine, but to have to just lie here like an invalid. I couldn't agree more. I'm glad she said that, as I have gotten a few of those comments and they irritated the shit out of me!
It's a lot quieter around here on the weekends, and I just feel depressed to be here now. This wasn't how my 3T was supposed to go!
And seriously, the commercials for the Back.Up Plan with J.Lo annoy the piss out of me. That movie looks horrible. Not that I would expect anything more than that from her, but ugh. Please get off my TV!
Well, since I'm so full of cheer today, I will stop typing now!
7 comments:
Let it out all, sista! Vent away! Lol!
Seriously, you are truly the cutest preggo girl ever! Totally!
Even though it sucks, I think you did the right thing! You're exactly where you need to be. So let it out! Sounds like things are looking up, though -- a wheelchair walk with your man and a hot doctor (even if he is a dbag... who cares?), sounds like making the best out of a crappy situation.
Hang in!
I know you don't know me but I have been in your shoes. More importantly, I am once again in your shoes. I have a 3 year old girl and I was on 5 months of bed rest with her. I am pregnant with my second child and at 15 weeks, I'm down for the count. It's not easy and although people try to be supportive, they don't get it. I also love the "bed rest sounds like a dream" comment, it's hard to not want to punch someone. What I know for sure (sound like Oprah don't I?) is that you will be blessed with a beautiful miracle baby and you will forget most of this experience. I never thought it would be possible to forget but somehow you do. I wish you the best ... I have a blog as well, feel free to check it out. Take care, chin up, you CAN do this! Blog address is below ...
http://amers14.wordpress.com/
I'm so sorry the weekends suck there! I hope you get to go home tomorrow. As for your MIL...UGH!!! I would feel the same way. That just sucks and I hope you can find a way to stop her from visiting you at home. Maybe you can schedule a bunch of work stuff or just lie and say you have phone interviews all day or during the times she wants to visit. Hope it works out.
And I agree you made the right decision. I'm sorry you're stuck on bedrest. The pic is really cute!!! OH-and that Jlo movie looks horrid and I don't like her either.
Well, for being in the hospital and going stir crazy, you look amazing! :) (Hopefully that cheers you up.) But seriously, vent away. That's what we are here for. I know you made the right choice by staying, but I do hope things improve soon so you can leave. It sounds downright boring, and I can't say I'm one of those dumb people who envy you! Hang in there and throw something at the TV for me when you see those J. Lo. move commercials. I hate her!!!
Hope you got through the weekend ok, I can only imagine how frustrating bedrest is, especially for someone as active as you! Hang in there and let baby boy cook just a little bit longer!
And, you look super cute!
Post a Comment