Friday, April 16, 2010

Going Strong- 33 Weeks

Well, last Friday at this time I was camped out in my hospital room watching TV and chatting with my BFF and preparing for a weekend stay in the hospital.  I can't tell you how thankful I am to be preparing for a weekend at home tonight!   Things are still going well, I have had a very uneventful week symptom-wise, and I couldn't be more thrilled. I haven't had any spotting in over a week now.  Woot!  And although I certainly have some weird pains at times, it's been nothing alarming.

Bedrest at home is somewhat more challenging, only in the sense that it's just SO easy to get up!  Obviously I could get up at my leisure in the hospital too, but there really was nowhere for me to go. The room was like a tiny dorm room with an attached bathroom.  Not that I live in some palatial palace, but there is more than 1 room!  I have not used any stairs though, so that is good.  I did manage to do some "bedresting" out on the deck in the sun parked in a lawnchair on Wednesday and Thursday, as it was 80 and sunny here.  Yes, 80. In WI.  In  April.  Too good to pass up! Otherwise I've been just chilling on the couch doing my work.

It's weird when I will suddenly realize that I am not sure what day it is and when I last washed my hair or showered.  I can FINALLY understand the new-mom-no-showering thing I mentioned on here a few months ago. I get it!   I am experiencing it!  When you don't leave your house for days on end, and your showers happen at times other than the usual AM before work time, it's very easy for hours to go by without realizing and really not caring.  I never thought I would get there, but the little dude isn't even here yet, and here I am! I have showered daily so far, but I do have to stop and think when the last time was!!

I go back to the doctor on Monday, and she said if I had a calm week at home, she would lighten my restrictions.  I'm not sure exactly what "lighten" means, but I will take what I can get. Hopefully the first step will be letting me drive again!  I haven't driven in almost 2 full weeks now. Weird.

I will leave you with a picture of the crib bedding.  My mom came last weekend and washed some things and made up the crib. I think she was planning on giving that to me at my shower, but who knows what's going to happen before May 1st!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The crib looks absolutely adorable - I love the bedding! I'm glad you managed some time out in the sun in the fresh air :) I can't imagine how hard it must be to be at home on bed rest. I know when I was on bed rest for 24 hours post-ET it was SUPER hard to stay put because I felt fine. So I can only imagine what you are experiencing for weeks at a time!
GL at your upcoming appointment and I hope that your OB lessens the reigns on you.

Alison said...

Good luck at the appointment and I hope you get some of your restrictions lifted.
The crib looks darling! So cute!

quadmom said...

I'm really happy to hear that everything is going so well. I am not quite on board with this whole no-shower business despite bedrest for 5 weeks ... when I get my every-4th-day shower I feel like crying from happiness!! =)

The bedding is just gorgeous! Here's to another 7 uneventful weeks at home!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well! I hope Monday's appointment is a good one and your doctor is able to lift some of your restrictions. I can't imagine not driving for two weeks. I would go crazy! And the crib looks great. That was so nice of your mom to do that. Hopefully the LO stays put for a little while longer so you can enjoy that baby shower.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing well and able to enjoy the sunshine :)

erika said...

I am so glad you are doing well, and that you had a chance to get some fresh air and enjoy the gorgeous Spring weather!
The crib looks beautiful, I love teh warmth of the colors!
FX for a good appointment on Monday, will be thinking of you!

AL said...

So glad you've had no more spotting and you're still safe at home. I hope you get some of the restrictions lifted tomorrow and everything looks great at the appointment.

The crib is super cute!!

Marla said...

Ohhh, I just love that crib!!!

GL with today's appt!