Sunday, June 27, 2010

1 Month Updates

Yesterday was Liam's 1 month birthday.  Sounds like a cliche, but I can't believe it's been a month already.  But yet, at the same time, I can....I know...deep thoughts, by Jen :)

And now, bullet points!

*  My week with D gone went pretty well overall.  The hardest thing was that I was used to us both taking turns getting up in the night, so my body wasn't very prepared to handle it all on my own.  Despite the fact that Liam continues to be a pretty good sleeper at night, he likes to wake up for the day around 5:30, so I'm starting to get pretty sleep-deprived. He isn't very good at napping more than catnaps during the day, so the whole "nap while he naps" thing doesn't really work for me.  D is back now, but he returns to work/clients tomorrow, so I can't really expect him to help much in the night when I don't have to get up for work.

* It was also pretty hard to get much done last week when I was by myself, but luckily I had a little help throughout the week so I could go to my OT appts and run some errands.  I am getting more used to taking him places with me though, and luckily he does really well in the car and in stores.  I think he was born to shop like his mom!  He also likes stroller rides, so that is pleasing to me since Operation Fit Into Pants is in full swing!

* His diaper rash finally went away, but we continue to use a hair dryer on his butt during changings, and that really seems to help keep things dried out down there.  He actually seems to like that quite a bit and make some pretty awesome faces during it. That surely seems like something we should be video taping to embarrass him with in high school!!  Ha

* Things are more healed with my stitches, but still not back to normal completely. If I walk too far or do too much, I still get sore.  Luckily it goes away then....until I inevitably overdo it again!  Grr.

* I am still reading all of your posts, but I am often sitting on the couch with Liam in my arms, so I have to type one handed, thus making me a poor commenter lately!  I'm sorry about that, but I'm still reading, and I still enjoy hearing what is going on with all of you.

6 comments:

Marla said...

Happy one-month birthday to Liam! Where does the time go?

Anonymous said...

Happy one month to Liam! It doesn't sound cliche at all... I REALLY can't believe it's been a month!

Anonymous said...

Awe, he's such a cutie! Happy 1 month! I hope you get some rest soon! And hope your cooch feels better ;).

erika said...

He is growing sooooo fast! such a cute little man:) awwwww

Alison said...

So cute!!!!

basebell6 said...

Just catching up on your blog; I had favorited it long ago. My son LOVES the hairdrier on his butt too! I started using is when I accidentally got his umbilical chord wet and was like "wow he loves this" and continued on his butt after it fell off. Hilarious!