So to cap off celebrating what a great father D has been so far on this first Father's Day of his, he is leaving town for work tomorrow and coming back on Friday. GAH. I will be flying solo all week! And of course my mom is tied up with work, so she won't be able to come to town to help at all. Dude. My MIL is coming on Tuesday to watch Liam, so that will be extremely helpful. I will be able to run errands, etc. I also have an appt with my OT on Tuesday, where she is now doing some sort of iso-therapy on my wrists for this damn Carpal Tunnel that will not go away already. It involves hooking me up to some cables for electrical currents or something. Obviously I didn't get the full lowdown on the point of it, but I will try anything at this time. I have had 1 session so far, and have 3 more to go.
I am sure I will also be making another trip to Liam's pediatrician, as he has wicked diaper rash that won't heal. We have 2 prescriptions now, 1 for nystatin, and 1 for antibiotic ointment, so we keep trying new things to get the sores on his poor little butt to heal. Today we were drying him with a hair dryer during each changing! They keep telling us to let them know if it's not better in 2 days, so we keep having to go back. We have tried changing diaper brands, airing him out a bit, etc. I am sure his little bum hurts, as he's pretty crabby and fussy these days. I would be fussy too if I had big sores on my butt. Oh wait. I have stitches! And hemmorhoids! Blech. I am also ready for things on MY bum to be back to normal. Definitely not there yet!
Liam does pretty well over night still, but during the day and evening he is all Needy McNeederson and wants to be held constantly or is crying. It has definitely given us a full appreiciation of just how much it must suck to have a colicky baby. I just really can't imagine.
Hopefully he will take it easy on me this week or I might lose what is left of my mind!
4 comments:
Good luck this week! I am sure you will do find by yourself. I hope the little guy's diaper rash heals up soon.
Aw man. That sucks bigtime. I really hope that your MIL will provide you some much needed relief on Tuesday. And the little man's butt? UGH! I bet you can totally relate right now :)
Sending you a big (((hug)))
You're calling your baby Needy McNeederson! Lol! I'm sorry, but it sounds funny! ;)
Poor Liam! And poor you! Hope both your backsides heal up promptly!
Good luck this week!! If you need to vent we're all here! Maybe you can stop by the liquor store on Tues when MIL watches him ;).
Post a Comment