So although I really don't have anything to compare him to, I think Liam has been a pretty easy baby so far. He spends the large majority of the day sleeping (if we're having a good day!), so that gives me a fair amount of time to actually get things done around the house. Laundry, dishes, repeat. This leaves me with a large amount of time I'm unaccustomed to to just sit around on the couch and watch TV. There's really only so much HGTV and DIY network I can handle in a given day. I'm not so much of a fan of daytime soaps, talk shows, or game shows, so that has left me watching some quality TV like Tori and Dean! What can you do?!:). Liam made me do it!
He has, however, been getting increasingly more fussy in the recent days, which from what I've read seems pretty normal for about 2 weeks of age. Our doctor thinks he could possibly have some reflux, and is going through a growth spurt and having growing pains. He now weighs 7.3 Big boy! He eats like a little piggy! :)
Some days/nights are great in that he's so completely easy and low maintenance, and other days he's fairly fussy all day and night, which is frustrating for us. It makes us feel so clueless and helpless, as I'm sure every other set of new parents feels. Hopefully it will be easier when he gets on a little more of a routine. For the last couple of nights, he seems uncomfortable to lie flat on his back (growing pans, reflux, etc). D ended up putting him in his bouncy seat and putting the seat IN his pack n play in our room! He's like Parent MacGyver! LOL
I'm lucky to have D home with me for a few weeks. It has given me a chance to get out to run errands and to work out. While the first half of my weight came off fairly instantly, I seem to have hit a plateau already! I can't come close to getting into any of my pre-pregnancy pants yet; I am currently about 3 sizes bigger. I obviously don't want to buy anything in that size, so it's good that I don't really have anywhere important to be that requires me to look decent! I pretty much live in sweats or knit skirts/dresses if I do have to go anywhere. Hopefully my healthy eating and working out will start to pay off. I have never had to lose 20 lbs before to fit into my pants; it's a pretty daunting task and I don't think it will be easy. I know you all think I'm nuts, but I guess being fit has always been my thing. I realize this will take time, obviously it has to, but it kind of sucks to not be able to even get your pants half way up your legs b/c your thighs are too big!
4 comments:
I'm glad things are going well and D being a great MacGyver! I hope your hard work pays off fast! I really think it will since you were in such great shape before. Maybe it just takes a little time. Don't get discouraged though!! If you do go shopping buy yourself something =).
I just want to say that I am in complete awe that you are so focused so early on after having Liam about getting in shape! The kid is like 2 weeks old, right? And you're already at it! LOVE IT!
Can you be my online ball-busting coach at around 6weeks postpartum (when I'm hopefully healed enough to do some form of physical exercise from the csection?) You could send me emails and call me bad names like fat a** so that I'd get motivated to put down the Rocky Road ice cream :)
Glad that Liam, for the most part, is being a good baby :)
The weight thing will come. You just gave birth, lady!!! :) I'm glad that Liam seems to be a pretty easy baby and that everything is going well. More pics of the little cutie pie, please!
I am SO glad to hear how great you are doing. As I've said before -- you are such an inspiration! Also, I must say I'm a teeny tiny bit jealous of your free time to watch trashy tv :) You've got the mom thing down, girlfriend!
Also, CONGRATS for already losing half of your baby weight! You look fabulous, and I'm sure your healthy lifestyle will pay off (it already has!).
Post a Comment