Thursday, July 1, 2010

Losing It

So I used to comment on my pregnancy "brain" (or lack thereof) and mothers would always tell me "it doesn't get better once you have the baby!"   I always thought "yeah, right".   Hmmmm....... nope, it really doesn't.

Yesterday I forgot my phone number!  I have also driven right by a VERY familiar turn and forgotten just about anything else I was supposed to be remembering. I have to write everything down.  Everything.  I can't remember what day of the week it is or whether I have brushed my teeth that day.  

And I am to be trusted with the care of an infant??   Whoah.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. That does not seem like any fun! I had a bad memory BEFORE pregnancy that has only gotten exponentially worse. I fear what I'll be faced with postpartum.

I wonder if there is anything you can do/take to help this out?

Unknown said...

It's because you are so focused on taking care of Liam. Nothing else is as important so you forget.

Kate said...

Hahahah. Oh no! Is this what I have to look forward to? My husband already laughs at all of my post-it notes...

djordan said...

Haha, so very true!

erika said...

you are making me have second thoughts:) haha
Well, I hope it will NOT stand true, and things get better for you. You must be overwhelmed with re-adjusting life with Baby right now, so that just makes sense that your memory is sorting what's more important and what's not so much. Like phone numbers, ha!;)